Egg and Smashed Avocado Tostadas are a quick and delicious meal, ideal for any time of day. This is a sponsored post on behalf of the Hass Avocado Board through Mom it Forward.
Avocados are among my most favorite foods, and probably my favorite healthy food! I could literally eat avocados everyday. I made these Egg and Smashed Avocado Tostadas for breakfast but they are also perfect for lunch or dinner!
When I was making these Egg and Smashed Avocado Tostadas I kept thinking this is the kind of breakfast my Dad would love. When I talk to my folks, we always talk about food and what we’ve been cooking. I had to laugh when my Mom said she had been making this same exact breakfast with scrambled eggs and salsa.
Avocados are so delicious that I sometimes forget how good they are for you! The have naturally good monounsaturated fat which can replace saturated fat in many recipes! Avocados are also sodium free and cholesterol free. They are a great source of potassium, iron and fiber.
Now all I need is a steady supply of avocados! I love to add avocados to soups, salads, sandwiches and sometimes I just eat them with a little garlic salt. You should Love One Today!
Take a look at this short video from the Hass Avocado Board and then enter to win a $50 Visa Gift Card!
1. leave a comment with a fun fact from the video.
2. Share the video on your social media (Facebook, twitter, etc) and leave a link to the share in the comments here.
Each comment will serve as an entry. Open to US residents, 18 years or older. Entries will be received through November 20, 2014.
- 1 Hass avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- green onion tops, finely chopped
- Cut avocado in half and remove seed. Scoop into a small bowl, add lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mash together with a fork and set aside.
- Spray corn tortillas lightly with nonstick cooking spray and place on a baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree oven for about 7-10 minutes or until toasted.
- Add butter to a small skillet and add eggs. Season with salt and cook on both sides until desired doneness.
- Spread mashed avocado over each corn tortilla and top each with an egg. Garnish with green onions.
Be sure to visit the Hass Avocado Board at LoveOneToday.com and you can follow along on Facebook and Twitter.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of the Hass Avocado Board through Mom it Forward. I was compensated for my time in developing this recipe but all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Miss in the Kitchen possible.