Easy Taco Soup Recipe is a family favorite dinner. Great for busy weeknights!
Did y’all watch the SNL 40th special last night? It was so dang funny. We really enjoyed it. I’ve never been much of a night owl but it’s always worth staying up for. I think I got hooked on SNL in junior high. My friends loved it too and we would laugh about the skits all week long. Betty White was such a hoot kissing Bradley Cooper and Dana Carvey still cracks me up. Tell me I’m not the only one still singing “Chopping Broccoli“.
The weather keeps teasing us with Spring temperatures and then flashes of cold winter weather. We are back to cold for a few days and this Easy Taco Soup was just the ticket to warm us all up.
It’s filling and delicious and couldn’t be easier. You can even make this soup ahead and it just gets better or you could also brown the ground beef and throw it all in the crock pot. So easy!
I find myself running out of days to procrastinate getting my accounting book work done for last year but it’s my least favorite job on the planet and I’ve just been so busy with life and work. I keep telling myself that I will do better this year but it never happens. I’d much rather be in the kitchen making delicious recipes like taco soup!
Are you a procrastinator too? What do you put off until the last minute?
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 can mild enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 can whole corn, drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- For garnish: tortilla chips, shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, cilantro, sour cream,avocado
- Add olive oil to a Dutch oven and place over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and season with salt. Cook stirring often, until well browned.
- Add chicken broth, enchilada sauce, quinoa, corn and black beans. Stir in ground cumin. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat to simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally 30 minutes. Cover and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Serve with tortilla chips, cheese, tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, sour cream or your favorite toppings.