A quick and delicious meal is always welcome at our dinner table and this Easy Orange Chicken Skillet Meal is just the ticket, a real family favorite! This is a sponsored post on behalf of Holland House.
I have a few picky eaters at my house and I have to admit I am one of them. I am much less picky than I was as a kid or a young adult, so I don't get too worried about my boys who are picky- they will grow out of it for the most part. I can always get them to try things but I don't make them eat it if they hate it. This Easy Orange Chicken Skillet was a definite winner and got two thumbs up from the entire family.
Like most people I get a little overwhelmed as the holidays roll around and it can be a challenge to get dinner on the table. This Easy Orange Chicken Skillet Meal takes just a bit of prep to slice the vegetables but the sauce is made super simple and I used Holland House White Cooking Wine to add a wonderful depth of flavor.
Holland House White Cooking Wine is shelf stable, meaning you can open it up and use it as needed without it turning weird like drinking wine will. This is perfect for nights that you don't want to open a bottle of wine or if you are not really a wine drinker. It contains a bit of salt to make it stable. It's easy to skip the salt or add a little less to your recipe since the cooking wine contains salt.
Sometimes my quick meals can lack a little flavor that you get from cooking things for hours on end. Holland House White Cooking Wine adds an elegance and real depth of flavor without all of the time in the kitchen. It is also perfect for seafood, fish or to add a little splash to your soups and stews.
I served the Orange Chicken over rice but quinoa would be wonderful too. I have quinoa in the pantry but I forget to use it, I am such a creature of habit. I cooked the onions and peppers in a separate skillet to speed things up but you could totally make this a one skillet meal if you have extra time. Just cook the onions and peppers before the chicken and set them aside.
If you are as crazy-busy as I am and have a picky eater or two, you are going to love this Easy Orange Skillet Meal!!
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 2 pounds chicken tenders
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, divided use
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 cups sliced sweet peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
for the sauce
- 1 ½ cups orange juice
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- ½ cup Holland House White Cooking Wine
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground ginger (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 5 green onions. sliced for garnish
- ⅓ cup toasted sliced almonds for garnish
- 4 cups cooked rice
- In a large skillet, add ¼ cup of olive oil and place over medium heat. Season chicken tenders with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Place chicken tenders in heated skillet. Cook on both sides about 6 to 8 minutes each or until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, sliced onion, peppers and garlic. Season with ½ teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often until onions start to caramelize. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove chicken to a platter and allow to rest.
- Mix orange juice and cornstarch together and add to the drippings in the skillet that you cooked the chicken in. Whisk together, removing the bits from the bottom of the pan. Add white cooking wine, brown sugar and ginger. Whisk until well combined. Cook over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken tenders diagonally and add to the orange sauce. Stir in peppers and onions and stir until all combined and chicken and vegetables are coated with sauce.
- Spoon over rice and garnish with green onions and sliced almonds.
BE SURE TO LOOK FOR HOLLAND HOUSE® AT A STORE NEAR YOU. YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ON FACEBOOK AND PINTEREST AND FIND RECIPE INSPIRATION.
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Holland House® and as always, all opinions are my own. I appreciate you supporting the brands that help make Miss in the Kitchen possible.