Easy Holiday Coffee Cake is perfect for baking and sharing with your family, friends and neighbors! Plus a few great kitchen gift ideas for Christmas from Wayfair! This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wayfair.
I've got an incredibly easy recipe for you today that is perfect to bake for your neighbors, family and friends. I started with a butter cake mix and added in some holiday cheer (AKA egg nog), grated apples and some tasty walnuts. This cake is so moist and delicious, it will seem that you spent hours in the kitchen, but actually it's really simple and easy!
As busy as life is for all of us, I know that this simple and delicious dessert is going to be your new favorite. It's been a while since I had baked a cake and my guys went crazy for this! It was gone in the blink of an eye. I will be making this again to nibble on Christmas morning.
I picked up a few holiday pieces from Wayfair for the holidays. I love all things polka dotted and these red coffee mugs and side plates were too cute to pass up and I just had to have this Vanilla Flare Cake Plate and Server! It is a great size for desserts and would also work for appetizers.
While I was shopping at Wayfair, I found a few other fabulous Christmas Gift Ideas for the cook in your family! I actually have a few of these items and love them. As for the others, I need them for the new kitchen!! I think this gorgeous blue and tangerine are going to be my accent colors.
- KitchenAid Hand Mixer - I have had mine for over 20 years and is so handy, but mine is white, I want the tangerine!
- 3 Piece Provincial Canister Vase Set - Totally want this for the new kitchen, love the antique look and this shade of blue!
- Calypso Basics Colander - This is one of the goodies I picked up from Wayfair and I love it- it's so pretty it stays on the counter top! I may need the orange one too!
- Be Home Olive Wood Spoons - I have a thing for olive wood and I can never have too many wooden spoons - perfect stocking stuffer!
- John Boos Walnut Cutting Board - I have this and it is my absolute favorite! I promise anyone with a kitchen will love it!
- Le Creuset Stoneware Mug - I have a couple of these and need a few more for the new kitchen! So pretty and really durable.
Be sure to check out the Wayfair Basics, Drinkware, plus Appliances & Accessories Sales for some big holiday savings!
- 16.5 ounce butter cake mix
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup egg nog (or milk)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 granny smith apples (peeled, cored and grated)
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixer bowl, add cake mix, butter, egg nog and eggs. Mix until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in grated apples.
- Pour into a well greased 9 inch sprinform pan (or 9 x 13 inch pan).
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts, brown sugar, ¼ butter and nutmeg. Crumble over cake batter. Bake for 55 minutes to one hour for springform pan (or 40-45 minutes in a 9 x 13).
- Allow cake to cool completely. Remove ring from springform pan and dust with powdered sugar.
Disclosure: I was provided with a Wayfair gift card for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make Miss in the Kitchen possible!