Easy Holiday Coffee Cake is perfect for baking and sharing with your family, friends and neighbors! Plus a few great kitchen gift ideas for Christmas from Wayfair! This is a sponsored post on behalf of Wayfair.
I've got an incredibly easy recipe for you today that is perfect to bake for your neighbors, family and friends. I started with a butter cake mix and added in some holiday cheer (AKA egg nog), grated apples and some tasty walnuts. This cake is so moist and delicious, it will seem that you spent hours in the kitchen, but actually it's really simple and easy!
As busy as life is for all of us, I know that this simple and delicious dessert is going to be your new favorite. It's been a while since I had baked a cake and my guys went crazy for this! It was gone in the blink of an eye. I will be making this again to nibble on Christmas morning.
- 16.5 ounce butter cake mix
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup egg nog (or milk)
- 4 large eggs
- 2 granny smith apples (peeled, cored and grated)
- 1 cup walnuts
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (for dusting)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixer bowl, add cake mix, butter, egg nog and eggs. Mix until well combined, about 2 minutes.
- Fold in grated apples.
- Pour into a well greased 9 inch sprinform pan (or 9 x 13 inch pan).
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts, brown sugar, ¼ butter and nutmeg. Crumble over cake batter. Bake for 55 minutes to one hour for springform pan (or 40-45 minutes in a 9 x 13).
- Allow cake to cool completely. Remove ring from springform pan and dust with powdered sugar.