With Mother's Day just a few days away, I wanted to share these Easy Fruit Tarts that would make any mom feel special. My Mom doesn't indulge in sweet stuff all that often, but I know she would love these and I will have to make them for her very soon.
Mom's deserve a nice relaxing day full of pampering. Add a sweet treat and you know a cup of tea surely couldn't hurt. Let her prop her feet up, bring her flowers, tell her you love her and appreciate all that she does.
If you are in need of a sweet treat, I have you covered. I made Vanilla Bean Shortbread Cookies, topped them with a sweetened cream cheese and ricotta mixture. I added a few fresh berries and drizzled over some Bonne Maman Mixed Berry Preserves and it was fit for a queen or a very special Mom, you might say.
Bonne Maman has many delicious flavors of preserves and they are perfect for special occasions such as Mother's Day.
Now about the tea. I love tea, iced tea, hot tea, all kinds of tea. Did you notice that gorgeous Le Creuset Teapot in the photo? I love the color, it's called Cassis. Le Creuset has a new Tea Collection and it is my new favorite thing!
In honor of Mother's Day I'm having a little giveaway!
One winner will receive:
- A Le Creuset Large Teapot with Stainless Steel Infuser in the color of their choice
- 2 Tea Mugs in the color of their choice
- 2 jars of Bonne Maman Preserves
CONGRATULATIONS TO CHRISTY C! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!
- Visit Le Creuset and Bonne Maman and let me know what you would use to prepare something special for Mother's Day.
For bonus entries:
- Let me know with a comment if you follow Le Creuset and Miss in the Kitchen on facebook.
- Follow Le Creuset and Miss in the Kitchen on twitter and leave a comment.
- Follow Le Creuset and Miss in the Kitchen on Pinterest and leave a comment.
- Extra entries for sharing on Facebook, twitter or pinning to Pinterest - just leave a comment for each.
Entries received through 12:00 PM Mountain Time, May 17, 2013. Open to US Residents, 18 years and older. One winner will be chosen at random.
Vanilla Bean Shortbread
- 1 cup softened butter
- ½ cup sugar
- seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups diced strawberries
- ½ cup Bonne Maman Mixed Berry Preserves
For the Vanilla Bean Shortbread:
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Add softened butter to mixer bowl and beat at low speed until smooth, add sugar and beat at medium speed about 2 minutes. Add vanilla bean seeds and mix until combined. Add flour ½ cup at a time, beating at medium speed until incorporated.
Shape dough into a disc and place on a lightly floured surface. Lightly flour the top of the dough and roll to about ¼ inch thickness.
Using a 3 inch cookie or biscuit cutter, cut into circles and carefully place on a lined baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
Re-roll dough as needed.
*My batch made 24 cookies.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet.
For the filling:
In a medium-sized bowl, combine cream cheese, ricotta cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until smooth. Can be refrigerated until tarts are ready to assemble. You may want to let it come to room temperature for easier spreading.
To assemble the tarts:
Place a dollop of filling on cooled cookie and spread evenly, top with diced strawberries and drizzle with Bonne Maman Mixed Berry Preserves.
Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Disclosure: I was provided with the same products as the giveaway and the giveaway is being sponsored by Le Creuset and Bonne Maman. All opinions are my own, as always.