Cucumber Tomato Salad is one of the most refreshing and delicious dishes you can make this summer. Made with garden fresh cucumbers, tomatoes and onion all in a sweet and tangy dressing. Delicious served alongside grilled beef, pork, chicken or fish.
The summer temperatures are blazing hot and we've been grilling just about every meal. Adding a garden fresh salad to our meals is a simple dinner solution and I love not having to heat up the house.
How to Make Cucumber Tomato Salad:
- Dice tomatoes, removing seeds and juice.
- Next, dice cucumbers, onions and garlic.
- Place chopped vegetables in a bowl.
- Mix dressing together in a bowl: vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour dressing over vegetables, stirring to mix well. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
- Store cucumber tomato salad in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Having a garden is one of my favorite parts of summer and I am always on the hunt for creative recipes using our garden produce. This easy salad was a big hit and I love that it can be made ahead. It's quick and easy and keeps well for several days.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
We have several varieties of tomatoes growing in our garden and I used them all for this salad. Use any tomatoes that you have on hand. You can also add in chopped sweet peppers or even jalapeños for a spicy kick.
Add fresh herbs like basil, rosemary or thyme for additional flavor.
I love using Weck Jars for storing summer salads and dressings.
You might also like this Creamy Cucumber Tomato Salad for a quick and easy side dish. Great flavors with a creamy herb dressing.
Add this easy and delicious Cucumber Tomato Salad to the menu this week! It is a guaranteed hit with any meal and so simple to make ahead for meal prep.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 cup diced cucumber, seeds removed
- 1 cup diced tomatoes, seeds and juice removed
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Stir cucumbers, tomatoes and onion together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Pour over vegetables and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours before serving.
Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 268mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 16gProtein: 1g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.