Cornflake Pork Chops are baked to crunchy perfection while tender and juicy on the inside. A great weeknight dinner that is so easy to make.
Cornflakes are great for breakfast but they are also make a crisp coating on Cornflake Chicken and just as delicious on baked pork chops.
Chicken Fried Pork Chops are one of our favorite comfort food meals but we also loved these crispy oven baked pork chops just as much. Add some garlic butter mashed potatoes and a green salad for a dinner the whole family will love.
- Pork Chops
- All Purpose Flour
- Pork Rub or Lawry's Season Salt
- Olive Oil
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Step By Step Directions
- We used boneless pork chops for this recipe, bone-in pork chops work just as well but cooking time will be a little longer. To make these cook quickly, we pounded the pork chops with a meat mallet until they were about ¼ inch thick. This is an optional step.
- Create a breading station.
- Add eggs to a bowl and beat well.
- In a shallow bowl or pie plate, mix the flour and seasonings.
- Place cornflakes in a zip top bag and smash with a rolling pin. Make into coarse crumbs or fine crumbs, which ever you prefer.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or foil.
- Dredge pork chops in flour.
- Dip into egg.
- Coat in crushed cornflakes.
- Place on the lined baking sheet, a few inches apart.
- Spray with a light coating of olive oil on both sides.
- Bake the pork chops for about 10 minutes until pork chops reach 145° using a digital thermometer.
Over cooked pork chops will be dry, so keep a close eye on them and use the digital meat thermometer to know when they are just cooked through.
Recipe Notes and Tips:
Fried: Cornflake pork chops can be pan fried. Add about ¼ cup olive oil to a skillet and place over medium-high heat. Cook pork chops about 4 minutes per side, cooking until pork reaches 145° internal temperature with a digital meat thermometer.
Storage: Store leftover pork chops wrapped in plastic wrap or aluminum foil in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat: Place pork chops on a lined baking sheet and cook for 5- 8 minutes at 350°, or place in a skillet coated lightly with olive oil and cook over medium heat, flipping to heat from both sides.
If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner, these Cornflake Pork Chops are just the ticket. They are crunchy and delicious and on the table in under 30 minutes.
If you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Be sure to help us share Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
- 4- 5 pork chops
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pork rub or season salt
- 2 large eggs
- 6 cups cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Pound boneless pork chops to about ⅜ - ¼ inch thickness with a meat mallet. This is optional but will help the pork chops to cook quickly.
- Make a breading station by mixing flour and pork rub or season salt in a bowl.
- Beat eggs in a bowl.
- Place cornflakes in a zip top bag and crush with a rolling pin or the bottom of a glass until crushed into coarse or fine crumbs. Place in a shallow dish like a pie plate.
- Dredge pork chops into flour, coating both sides.
- Dip into egg and then place in the cornflake crumbs, pressing to coat well.
- Place the crusted pork chops on the lined baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Spray or lightly brush with olive oil on both sides.
- Bake pork chops for 10- 15 minutes or until pork reaches 145° using a digital meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
Store leftover pork chops wrapped in plastic wrap or foil in the refrigerator up to 4 days.
Reheat in 350° oven on a lined baking sheet 8 -10 minutes or in a skillet coated with olive oil over medium heat, turning to heat from both sides.
Frying Instructions: Pork chops can be fried in a skillet with ¼ cup olive oil over medium-high heat. Turn after 4 minutes and continue to cook until internal temperature reaches 145°.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 729Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 264mgSodium: 599mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 60g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.