Chorizo and Potato Soup is a fantastic family dinner ready in 20 minutes! Plus a giveaway for Southern Living 5 Ingredient Weeknight Meals : Delicious Dinners in 30 Minutes or Less!
I have another fabulous quick and delicious dinner for your today from Southern Living! This soup knocked my socks off! I was pleasantly surprised by the over the top flavor with just 5 ingredients!
I love the simplicity of the recipes in the Southern Living 5 Ingredient Weeknight Meals, they are easy and totally obtainable for any level of cook. You can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and it is going to blow away any drive-thru meal.
This hearty soup was perfect after a long day. If life gets any busier, I think I am going to have to forgo sleeping but my guys work hard and they need a filling meal at the end of the day. Meat and potatoes are what my guys love and this soup was just the ticket, they really loved it.
I know you love cookbooks as much as I do. Rather you are just as crazy-busy as I am or just learning to cook, this cookbook is going to be one of your favorites.
Now who wants to win one? Just enter on the widget below and be patient, it can take a minute to load.
- 1 (16 oz) package Chorizo, casings removed (or other smoked sausage)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (20 oz) package refrigerated (or frozen) Southwest-style hash browns
- 1 (16- oz) can Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnishes: sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese
- Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often, 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pin; drain well.
- Retur sausage to Dutch oven. Stir in broth, potatoes, and beans. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes (add about 5-10 minutes if your hash browns are frozen) or until potatoes are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with chopped cilantro. Garnish as desired.
Disclosure: I received a copy of the cookbook for review and Southern Living is sponsoring the giveaway. All opinions are my own.