Chorizo and Potato Soup is a fantastic family dinner ready in 20 minutes! Filled with amazing flavors and only 5 ingredients!
I have another fabulous quick and delicious dinner for your today from Southern Living! This soup knocked my socks off! I was pleasantly surprised by the over the top flavors.
I love the simplicity of the recipes in the Southern Living 5 Ingredient Weeknight Meals, they are easy and totally obtainable for any level of cook. You can have dinner on the table in under 30 minutes and it is going to blow away any drive-thru meal.
This hearty soup was perfect after a long day. If life gets any busier, I think I am going to have to forgo sleeping but my guys work hard and they need a filling meal at the end of the day. Meat and potatoes are what my guys love and this soup was just the ticket, they really loved it.
I know you love cookbooks as much as I do. Rather you are just as crazy-busy as I am or just learning to cook, this cookbook is going to be one of your favorites.
- 1 (16 oz) package Chorizo, casings removed (or other smoked sausage)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (20 oz) package refrigerated (or frozen) Southwest-style hash browns
- 2 cups Pinto Beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Garnishes: sour cream, avocado, shredded cheese
- Cook sausage in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often, 8 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pin; drain well.
- Return sausage to Dutch oven.
- Stir in broth, potatoes, and beans.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes (add about 5-10 minutes
- if your hash browns are frozen) or until potatoes are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Garnish as desired.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 297Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 1317mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 12g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.