St. Patrick's Day is coming up and I although I had big plans of sharing lots of good, hearty Irish cooking with you, time has not allowed. However, I always have time for Rice Krispie Treats! I gave these Chocolate Mint Rice Krispie Treats a St. Paddy's Day kick with some Andes Mints.
Andes Mints always bring back memories of hanging out as a kid in my Grandparent's restaurant. There was always a box of mints at the cash register and I couldn't ever resist them. I was lucky enough to have the wonderful Kerrygold Irish butter to make them with. Now I'm declaring these to be lucky for St. Patrick's Day, for sure.
Rice Krispie Treats are one of my all time favorite desserts, super fast and so very tasty. What is your go to dessert when you need something sweet and in a hurry?
- ½ cup Kerrygold Irish Butter
- 1 10 oz package marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 20 Andes Mints, coarsely chopped
In a large pan or Dutch oven, melt butter and marshmallows together, stirring constantly over medium heat until melted and smooth.
Remove from heat and stir in cereal until thoroughly combined.
Press into a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Top with chopped mints and allow to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
Store in an airtight container.
Other St. Patrick's Day Favorites:
- Dark Chocolate & Mint Cheesecake Brownies
- Kerrygold Irish Brown Butter Soda Bread
- A Spicy Perspective: Irish Car Bomb Brownies
- Bev Cooks: Colcannon & Slow Cooker Corned Beef
- The Hopeless Housewife: Beef & Guinness Shamrock Bites