Cheesy Cornbread Chicken Noodle Pot Pie is the ultimate comfort food that comes together so quick and easy for a filling and delicious dinner that the whole family will love!
This Post is Sponsored by Acorn Influence and it’s advertiser, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
As the temperatures cool off, I’m so ready for comfort food dinners. My Mom’s Chicken and Dumplings are probably my family’s favorite but I don’t often have time to make them.
I keep looking for life to slow down but as of yet, I am still running around like a crazy person most days. So I have a few quick and easy dinners up my sleeves that taste like I’ve spent all day in the kitchen.
Emmet has been begging for chicken noodle soup and so I added it to my Walmart list last week. He was so excited when he spotted several cans of Progresso Chicken & Homestyle Noodles Soup. It is his favorite, even over my homemade soup! I had to make it for him immediately.
I have had some majorly stressful deadlines plus a ton of orders for our Kaycee Cutters this week and I completely forgot to make dinner plans. When I was scanning the pantry for something quick and easy, I reached for a couple of cans of Progressive Chicken & Homestyle Noodles Soup.
I poured the soup into my mini cast iron skillets and put together a quick cheesy cornbread/biscuit dough to put on top. Chicken Pot Pie is always a hit with my guys, so I thought they would love this.
I almost always bake up a pan of skillet cornbread to go with my homemade soup and this recipe takes that idea up a notch.
The hearty and delicious Progresso Chicken & Homestyle Noodles Soup topped with a thick cornbread crust was so incredibly delicious. I expected it to be good but it totally knocked my socks off. It was a huge hit with the family.
I love the individual servings but you could totally make this in one iron skillet or even in a deep dish pie plate. It seriously took less than 10 minutes to put together and about 20 minutes to bake. Know one will believe comfort food this delicious can be ready in about 30 minutes!
Progressive Chicken & Homestyle Noodles Soup is packed with flavor and quality ingredients including antibiotic free, all white meat chicken. I will definitely be trying this recipe with some of our other Progressive Soup favorites and you can look for hearty and delicious Progressive Chicken & Homestyle Noodles Soup at Walmart!
- 2 19 oz cans Progresso Chicken & Homestyle Noodles Soup
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour soup into individual dishes or one large baking dish. Set aside.
- Add flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and garlic to a medium- size mixing bowl. Stir together until well combined. Add cheese and butter and mix with a fork until butter is pea-size. Add buttermilk and stir until well combined.
- Scoop into about tablespoon mounds over soup, leaving a little space in between.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes or until cornbread topping is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, if a purchase is made through these links, I will receive a small amount at no additional charge to you.