Cheddar Crumb Topped Tomatoes are the perfect side dish for grilled burgers, steaks or chicken.
I've been loving the farmer's market tomatoes these last few weeks. I was thinking about trying some a cheesy topped tomatoes for a quick side dish to go with grilled steaks. I decided to make them a little better with Kerrygold Aged Cheddar along with buttery crackers and herbs.
This month's Kerrygold blogger challenge is for side dishes. I love these challenges because it drives my creativity, I often try new dishes and flavor combinations that I haven't tried before.
I simply melted a little Kerrygold Garlic and Herb Butter, crushed a few crackers, and added a little fresh rosemary along with the shredded Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese.
I topped the tomato slices with the cheddar crumb mixture and popped them in the oven for about 10 minutes. So easy!
Most of the time my dinner plans are for the main dish and the side dishes are very last minute. I love having side dishes that can be ready in about 15 to 20 minutes. These Cheddar Crumb Topped Tomatoes were quick and delicious. Perfectly simple to double as needed to feed a crowd too.
You might also like these Baked Tomatoes filled with a delicious cheese filling and topped with fresh herbs for an easy side dish or appetizer.
- 2 large tomatoes sliced into 4 slices, tops and bottoms removed
- 2 tablespoons Kerrygold Garlic and Herb Butter, melted
- ½ cup shredded Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese
- 12 butter crackers, crushed
- ½ teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350
- Add melted Kerrygold Garlic and Herb Butter, shredded Kerrygold Aged Cheddar, crushed butter crackers and fresh rosemary to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle tomato slices with salt and pepper and place on a baking sheet. Top with cheese mixture. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until crumbs start to brown.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Kerrygold Bloggers, I was provided with products for review purposes but I was not compensated for this post. Kerrygold has been a family favorite for many years. I appreciate you supporting the brands that help make Miss in the Kitchen possible.