Caramel Apple Cream Cheese Pie is a the pie I’m looking forward to the most at Thanksgiving! Don’t get me wrong, I love pumpkin pie but bring on the cheesecake or cream cheese pie those are really my favorites.
This pie can be made the day before, actually it is better the second day. Perfect for Thanksgiving wouldn’t you say? I really wasn’t sure if I should call this a cheesecake or a cream cheese pie. Technically it is baked but I made it into a pie plate so, I went with pie. Either way it is what I call delicious!
Super simple to put together and I love the fall flavors of caramel and apples and I added toffee bits for a little extra crunch. This is definitely a pie that will become a must-have for holiday celebrations. The whole family loved it. There may have been a little fussing over the last piece!
I’m really looking forward to the kids being out of school for Thanksgiving break and having a nice and quiet Thanksgiving. I think we are even going to have mild weather. So much better than the 4 degrees we had the other night!
Now I would love to hear about your favorite Thanksgiving desserts. Are you all about the pumpkin pie or is it something less traditional?
- [i]for crust:[/i]
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- [i]for filling:[/i]
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup diced apple (peeled and cored)
- 1/3 cup toffee bits
- [i]for topping:[/i]
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 2 tablespoons toffee bits
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- for crust:
- Mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter together in bottom of a pie plate. Press crust evenly into bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- for filling:
- Add softened cream cheese to mixer bowl and beat at medium speed until smooth. Add sour cream and mix until combined. Add sugar and beat for 1 minute. Add egg and vanilla and mix just until combined and smooth. Fold in apple and toffee bits.
- Pour into prepared pie crust and bake for 35-40 minutes or until center is set.
- Pour caramel over pie and cool on the counter for 30 minutes. Place in refrigerator and cool 3 hours or until completely chilled.
- Top with whipped cream, toffee bits and drizzle with caramel.