BLT on a Stick with Avocado -Sriracha Mayo is the perfect sandwich for tailgating and game day buffets!
Everyone loves a BLT, it is a classic and always the most requested sandwich at my house. I wanted to kick my regular BLT up a notch and threw together some Avocado-Sriracha Mayo. Then I decided to put the sandwiches on sticks, because everything tastes better on a stick.
So rather you are tailgating or hanging out with your buds watching the Razorbacks, the Cowboys or your favorite team, you need some good food and you just gotta have bacon!
And when I say bacon you know I mean Hickory Smoked Petit Jean Bacon! It is made from the leanest cuts and smoked in a real life smokehouse, it is sliced thick, just the way it ought to be!
We had a pretty quiet weekend. The guys built a new stretch of fence and I helped them put the clips on. If I did that every day I would be in a lot better shape. It is basically a whole lot walking and at least150 squats. Can you say sore legs? I can! I don’t exactly build any leg muscles washing dishes.
Anyway, such is the life on a ranch, see it isn’t all Food Network and bon bons around here! These bacon sandwiches really hit the spot on Sunday afternoon. The guys had went to check the pasture fence and when they got back they were ready to eat. I wasn’t sure if the kids would like the Avocado-Sriracha Mayo or not but they did. I could’ve just eat it with a spoon. Sooo good!
- 1 avocado, peeled and seeded
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ - 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 12 slices Petit Jean Bacon, cooked, drained and cut in half
- 3 slices whole grain bread toasted cut into quarters
- 4 grape tomatoes
- iceburg lettuce
- 4 wooden skewers
- Add avocado, mayo, Sriracha, garlic and salt to a small bowl and mash together until smooth.
- Spread 1 quarter slice of toast with Avocado-Sriracha Mayo and carefully place on skewer, add 3 pieces of bacon, a tomato half and a few pieces of lettuce. Spread another quarter slice of toast with mayo and add to skewer, carefully spread the other side with mayo. Add 3 more slices of bacon, another tomato half and a few more pieces of lettuce. Spread one more quarter slice of toast with mayo and place on the end of the skewer.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I am a proud Ambassador for Petit Jean Meats. A company I grew up loving and still do. I was provided with product for recipe development purposes; however I was not compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.