As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Monday was swallowed up with paper work and more paper work and I’m still nowhere near caught up. Paper work and accounting are by far my least favorite parts of running a business.
What I really wanted to do was camp in front of the tv and watch the Olympics. Have you been watching? I thought the Opening Ceremony was fantastic. Gymnastics and diving are my favorite events. I settled for taking a little break to bake cookies.
I think they were the highlight of my day. Actually not too bad for a Monday, I tend to have some really stinky Mondays, but doesn’t everyone? These cookies have crispy edges and are a little chewy on the inside. I loved them. I loved them a little too much, I couldn’t stop eating them.
Just before bed I let the dogs out and when I went to let them back in, Otis, one of our catahoulas had found a porcupine. His lip and nose was full of quills. Otis is a really big dog, so my husband held him down and I pulled the quills out with a pair of pliers. I can’t imagine how bad that hurts. Just a bit of dog maintenance before bed.
Here’s to a good Tuesday! How is your week shaping up?
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup Biscoff Spread
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup oats (I used quick cooking)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add butter and Biscoff Spread to bowl of electric mixer and beat on low speed until creamy. Beat in brown sugar, add egg and vanilla, mixing until combined. Add flour, oats and baking soda, mix on low speed until combined, then raise speed to medium and beat for about 2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup sugar to a small bowl. Using a small cookie scoop to form dough balls. Roll in sugar and place 2 inches apart on a greased or lined baking sheet. Mash each cookie dough with a fork crosswise.
- Bake for 8 minutes or just until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and finish cooling on a wire rack.