Balsamic Pork Skewers are so flavorful and delicious! Grilled to perfection and served up with pineapple, onions and sweet peppers for the best summer meal!
Grilling season is officially here and today I have one heck of a recipe for you. My husband agreed to help me out with a few grilling recipes to share with you this summer. We had so much fun putting this delicious Balsamic Pork Skewers Recipe together.
We mixed up a quick marinade of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh garlic and a few spices. We cut the pork into bite- sized chunks and let it marinate for about an hour.
We used Boneless Country Style Ribs for this recipe but I think pork loin would work well too. We cut up some fresh pineapple, a red onion and a few sweet peppers.
It seems like the veggies always fall off of the skewers so we decided to throw them into an iron skillet on the grill. They cooked more evenly and were perfect served alongside the tender pork. Best idea ever!
Tony built a fire in the grill using dried oak and I swear this pork was the best thing I’ve ever tasted. I absolutely love the flavor from the wood smoke.
I am going to try to talk him into making a video of how this works. I can build a charcoal fire but I have no clue about starting with actual wood. What do you think? Would you like to see how that works?
I could barely stand waiting to taste these pork skewers! The kids were circling the grill and we were all starving! I was impressed with how flavorful the pork skewers actually were. The flavors of the marinade were delicious. We will be making this again and again this summer.
Grilling gets me to thinking that I’d love to have a barbecue restaurant one of these days. Of course I come to my senses and realize that I really like the job I have now. Growing up in a restaurant, I know it is not easy, its crazy- hard work. I think for now I will stick to cooking for my family and sharing the recipes with you!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
Watch the Video: How to Make Balsamic Pork Skewers!
- 2 pounds country pork ribs, cut into bite- sized chunks
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 clove fresh garlic, grated
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 8-10 small sweet peppers, cut into bite - sized pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Add olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and spices to a bow with fresh garlic. Whisk until combined. Add pork and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Prepare grill - charcoal or wood fire.
- Thread pork onto skewers (pre-soak wooden skewers)
- Add vegetable oil to a cast iron skillet and add chopped vegetables and pineapple. Place skillet over indirect heat. Cook, stirring often until tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Add pork skewers over the prepared coals, turning about every 3 minutes until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Cooking time will vary depending on the temperature of your grill and thickness of the pork. We cooked ours at about 400 degrees.
- Remove pork to a serving tray and pour vegetables and pineapple over skewers. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a small amount at no cost to you.