Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are the ultimate appetizer bites for your game day party! Sweet barbecued bacon wrapped around a crunchy tater tot, so simple and so irresistible!
Well the big game is upon us and I can’t believe my team actually made it to the Super Bowl!! Go BRONCOS!! I have been a Bronco fan since I started watching football as a teenager. I’m the only one that really likes football, so I don’t watch it too often, but you better believe I will be watching this one!
I have the ULTIMATE appetizer for your game day party. Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots are so simple and so easy to make and I guarantee they will be the first to disappear!
I took my favorite Petit Jean Bacon and baked it just until it was cooked through but not yet crunchy. I brushed it with sweet barbecue sauce and popped it back in the oven for a minute. Then I wrapped this wonderfully sweet bacon around a crunchy tater tot. Amazing!
I’m telling you, these little bites will knock your socks off! One of our favorite appetizers has always been Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts but I think they may have been replaced with these tater tots. They are that good.
- 16 oz Petit Jean Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 40 frozen tater tots (deep fried or baked)
- 3/4 cup sweet barbecue sauce
- wooden picks
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place bacon in a single layer (you may have to use 2 baking sheets)
- Bake bacon for 20 minutes or just until cooked through but not yet crisp.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Add new parchment paper to baking sheet and coat both sides of bacon with barbecue sauce. Return to the oven for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Cut bacon in half and wrap each half around a tater tot, securing with a wooden pick.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I am a proud ambassador for Petit Jean Meats. I was provided with product for recipe development purposes but I was not compensated for this post. I have been a life long fan of the Petit Jean Meats products and all opinions are my own.