Sausage Monkey Bread Muffins are a tasty breakfast treat recipe that can be made ahead and enjoyed all week!
We are not early morning people, I wish we were. You would think being ranchers, that we would be up an at ’em at the crack of dawn. Not so much. Most of the time, breakfast is totally optional. So when I can come up with an easy breakfast that can be made ahead of time and ready to go, it’s a winner in my book.
I have been a little obsessed with breakfast foods of late: Chai Glazed Donut Holes, Peach Pie Cinnamon Rolls and now these amazing Sausage Monkey Bread Muffins. I’m blaming tax time for these comfort food cravings. Ugh, I just need about one more day to get all of the bookwork finished up. I should have everything to the accountant about 20 minutes before the deadline to file an extension.
On the plus side, these monkey bread muffins are much easier than taxes. The ingredients are so simple: eggs, milk, butter, can biscuits and breakfast sausage. The biscuits are cut into quarters and then everything is tossed together.
Spoon it all into a muffin tin and bake them up! Easy, easy, easy.
I love the individual servings and that made them perfect to pop in the toaster oven for a quick breakfast all through the week! They are savory and delicious right out of the pan or if you are like me and like a sweet bite for breakfast, go ahead and pour a little maple syrup over the top. You won’t be sorry.
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 2 cans large biscuits (like Grands)
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- maple syrup for serving
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place a skillet over medium- high heat. Cook sausage, crumbling with a spoon until well browned. Drain on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- Add eggs and milk to a large bowl. Beat together.
- Cut biscuits into quarters and place into egg mixture. Add melted butter and cooked sausage. Stir together until well combined. Spoon into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until well browned. Run a knife around each muffin to loosen. Serve with maple syrup.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!