Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake with Maple Drizzle is an easy fall dessert recipe perfect for weekends with the family and superb with a steaming hot cup of coffee!
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake with Maple Drizzle
We are finally enjoying some fall temperatures here in Oklahoma and I'm ready for it. We've been enjoying every second of it. When the weather cools off, I love nothing more than baking up something sweet.
This Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake starts with a box mix and comes together super easy. I baked them up in my mini cast iron dishes but it works just as well in a regular cake pan or one large cast iron skillet.
We have been enjoying lots of porch sitting with these nice cool days. We live in such a peaceful, quiet place and there's nothing better than relaxing on the porch after a stressful week.
The Easy Pumpkin Bread I baked a few weeks ago disappeared in no time at all and I was ready for another pumpkin dessert and this Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake hit the spot. I loved the crunchy pecans and maple drizzle with the pumpkin and fall spices.
If you are looking for something even easier to satisfy your pumpkin cravings, try these delicious recipes!
Pumpkin Pie Bars are perfect to feed a crowd. This Easy Pumpkin Cake has cinnamon cream cheese icing and will knock your socks off!
With the cooler temperatures, I expect the trees will start turning any time and I have plans of taking more outdoor photos this year. I always have great intentions and let the season slip by without getting out and enjoying it.
The drive over to see my folks is gorgeous when the leaves start to change and I hope we can catch it just right this year. One last thing, I read this blog post from my friend Kristen this week and I can't stop thinking about it. I think it's something we can all relate to.
You might also enjoy these Pumpkin Recipes:
Pumpkin Angel Food Cake from Julie's Eats & Treats
Pumpkin Roll from My Baking Addiction
Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Pancake Skillet from Climbing Grier Mountain
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 16.5 oz Spice Cake Mix
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cake mix, eggs, pumpkin, oil and buttermilk to a large mixer bowl. Beat with an electric mixer about 2 minutes on medium speed. Scrape down sides of the bowl and continue beating on medium-high for 2 minutes or until smooth and well combined.
- Pour into 4 mini cast iron skillets or a 9 x 13 cake pan that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Top with chopped pecans. Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Mix Powered sugar and maple syrup together until smooth and drizzle over cake.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.