Doritos Chicken Egg Rolls are a fun appetizer inspired by everyone’s favorite Mexican chicken casserole. This post is sponsored by PEPCID®COMPLETE®.
Doritos Chicken is one of my kids’ favorite meals. As I was leaving the grocery store with a bag of Doritos the other day, the idea popped in my head to make Doritos Chicken into an egg roll. I love those kinds of ideas!
My recipes tend to be rich and while delicious can be known to cause a bit of a belly ache or heartburn, shocking right? I was pretty happy to have received a bottle of PEPCID®COMPLETE® after eating more than a couple of these Doritos Chicken Egg Rolls. A quote from the boys, “Mama those sure were good but they gave me the heartburn!” I’m not making that up either! I always laugh when they call it “the heartburn”.
PEPCID®COMPLETE® is my pick for combating the occasional heartburn. First off, you only have to take one easy to chew tablet and is not chalky. Pass me another Doritos Chicken Egg Roll!
Doritos Chicken is my version of Mexican Chicken Casserole, and I simplified it to work as an egg roll filling. Then I DEEP FRIED IT! I served them up with a little ranch dressing for dipping. They were over the top delicious.
Just make sure you have your PEPCID®COMPLETE® ready when the heartburn hits for instant relief that works all day!
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded or diced
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ⅓ cup picante sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese ( I used colby-jack)
- 1 cup crushed Doritos (Nacho flavored)
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing for dipping *optional
- Mix chicken, cream cheese, salt, garlic and picante sauce until well combined. Fold in shredded cheese.
- Add about ¼ cup of water to a small bowl.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of filling into each egg roll wrapper,and sprinkle about a teaspoon of crushed Doritos over filling. Dip your finger in the water and wet the edges of wrapper. Fold wrapper over filling and fold in edges as you roll it up.
- Cover the rolled egg rolls with a damp paper towel until ready to fry.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Heat vegetable oil to 350 degrees in an iron skillet or heavy pan.
- Cook egg rolls 2 to 3 at a time, rolling to brown on all sides, cooking about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel lined plate.
- Serve immediately with Ranch Dressing.
PEPCID®COMPLETE®: A dual action product that combines an antacid with an Acid Reducer. As a result, it starts working in seconds and lasts all day or all night.
PEPCID®AC®: Can be taken before a meal to prevent heartburn or after heartburn strikes to provide relief. PEPCID®AC® is available in two strengths: Original and Maximum Strength.