This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of American Frozen Foods Institute and the Frozen Food Roundtable for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.
Rather it is game day or the new movie we have all been dying to see, when we gather around the tv, there has to be food. Good snacks to be exact.
I depend on having my freezer stocked when the occasion arises that we can all enjoy family time and great food without spending hours in the kitchen.
Nothing is more satisfying to teenage boys as Chili Cheese Fries! I have a really Easy Crock Pot Chili recipe that my boys go crazy for. Add some Zesty Twirls from Ore-Ida plus a little shredded cheese and they are in heaven.
My favorite is snack is spinach dip and I always keep a box or two of Bird’s Eye Chopped Spinach ready to go in my freezer when the craving hits. That’s one of the benefits of frozen foods, when they are frozen the nutrients and flavors are locked in. Plus you have no worries of spoiling or wasting. Handy for people like me who find themselves to busy to plan! Read more about fresh vs frozen.
If the boys are having their friends over, I can always count on Freschetta Pizzas to keep them happy. Their favorites are Hawaiian and Pepperoni. Sometimes we like to add a few extra veggies to the pizzas like peppers and mushrooms. So easy to customize!
Of course our little guy prefers his own bite sized pizzas and Bagel Bites are just the ticket. Sometimes we go with the Totinos Pizza Rolls but he has to share those – we all love them. They also make a fun after school snack!
Now how about some chili cheese fries! You know you are craving them!
- 1 28 oz Ore-Ida Zesty Twirls
- 1 batch Easy Crock Pot Chili (or your favorite recipe)
- 2 cups shredded cheese (we like a combo of Cheddar and Pepper-Jack)
- Optional garnishes:
- Sour Cream, Ketchup, Green Onions, Avocado, Jalapenos
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Heat vegetable oil in a large cast iron skillet or Dutch oven to 350 degrees. Add Zesty Twirls in batches and cook about 3 to 5 minutes or until crispy and cooked through. Drain on a paper towel lined baking sheet.
- Add zesty twirls to a plate and top with prepared chili and cheese and other desired garnishes.
- Serve immediately.
Read more about Frozen. How Fresh Stays Fresh and how having your freezer stocked can make family entertaiing easier!