Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a wonderfully comforting and delicious soup that will be your new favorite.
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Family dinners have always been important in our family. Recently our oldest son moved out on his own, and I'm loving our family dinners even more.
We are getting closer to having the Log Cabin finished and I can't wait to cook big dinners and have my whole family gather around the dinner table.
Italian has always been a family favorite and I have been thinking an Italian feast would be great for the holidays. This Chicken Gnocchi Soup would be an amazing starter or totally perfect as the main dish with some crusty bread along side.
I tried something new with this comforting and delicious soup.
This Chicken Gnocchi Soup is totally worthy of a holiday dinner and I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did! We are true soup lovers. We love this Easy Chicken Noodle Soup and I am adding this Chicken Detox Soup and this Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup to the menu this week. They both sounds so good!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2-3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- Add olive oil to a dutch oven or large pot and place over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often until vegetables soften about 5-7 minutes.
- Mix chicken broth, milk, heavy cream and cornstarch together, whisking until smooth. Pour into vegetable mixture. Stir in chicken and gnocchi and raise cooking temperature to medium-high. As mixture comes to a bubble, lower to medium heat and stir in spinach. Cook 2-5 minutes or until spinach is just wilted and gnocchi are floating.
- Serve immediately.