Chicken Gnocchi Soup is a wonderfully comforting and delicious soup that will be your new favorite. I’ve updated this classic recipe with hints of vanilla and I know you are going to love it!
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Nielsen Massey.
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Family dinners have always been important in our family. Recently our oldest son moved out on his own, and I’m loving our family dinners even more.
We are getting closer to having the Log Cabin finished and I can’t wait to cook big dinners and have my whole family gather around the dinner table.
Italian has always been a family favorite and I have been thinking an Italian feast would be great for the holidays. This Chicken Gnocchi Soup would be an amazing starter or totally perfect as the main dish with some crusty bread along side.
I tried something new with this comforting and delicious soup. I added in Nielsen Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste! I had never tried vanilla in a savory dish but it added a wonderful, earthy flavor to one of my favorite soups.
I loved the concentrated flavor of the Vanilla Bean Paste and I’m excited to really experiment with this incredible flavor in not only baked goods but savory dishes too.
My sister-in-law was telling me about a vanilla crusted steak that she enjoyed from a restaurant and I can’t wait to give that a try.
I’m totally scrambling around to get ready for the holidays, as I’m sure many of you are. I am going to try to take time next week to slow down and enjoy time with my family with many good meals and plenty of sweet treats!
This Chicken Gnocchi Soup is totally worthy of a holiday dinner and I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did! We are true soup lovers. We love this Easy Chicken Noodle Soup and I am adding this Chicken Detox Soup and this Creamy Chicken Tortellini Soup to the menu this week. They both sounds so good!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 1 large carrot
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2-3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 pound gnocchi
- 2 cups chopped baby spinach
- 2 teaspoons Nielsen Massey Madagascar Bourbon Pure Vanilla Bean Paste
- Add olive oil to a dutch oven or large pot and place over medium heat. Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often until vegetables soften about 5-7 minutes.
- Mix chicken broth, milk, heavy cream and cornstarch together, whisking until smooth. Pour into vegetable mixture. Stir in chicken and gnocchi and raise cooking temperature to medium-high. As mixture comes to a bubble, lower to medium heat and stir in spinach and vanilla bean paste. Cook 2-5 minutes or until spinach is just wilted and gnocchi are floating.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: I was compensated for this recipe and post by Nielsen Massey. I also received the product for recipe development. I only share products that I love and use in my kitchen. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Miss in the Kitchen. This post contains affiliate links, which means I receive a small dollar amount at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase through the link.