Butter Buns from Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie. The easiest dinner rolls I’ve ever made plus a mega huge Virtual Potluck giveaway!
Make Ahead Bread by Donna Currie is a must-have cookbook! I am so proud of my good friend and Virtual Potluck partner of Cookistry! Donna was already pretty famous for her bread making skills and it comes as no surprise for her cookbook to totally knock my socks off.
Make Ahead Bread has 100 recipes for Melt-in-Your-Mouth Fresh Bread Every Day Plus Butters & Spreads, there is something for everyone. The recipes have a 2 step process where you mix and knead the bread and then let it rest for a day or so and then you bake it when you are ready.
The recipes are approachable and totally crave worthy! I’m sharing the recipe for Butter Buns. I made these for Thanksgiving Dinner and they were seriously the easiest rolls I’ve ever made. They were downright delicious with our prime rib roast.
I have at least 7 recipes marked to try immediately, including the baguettes, blueberry and cream cheese buns with lemon zest, honey potato buns, and grandma pizza plus a few more! Gorgeous photos and amazing recipes, you are going to love it!
To celebrate, we are bringing back the whole Virtual Potluck gang! So be sure to visit them all for more delicious recipes from Make Ahead Bread!
And check out these mega awesome prizes! You can get the low-down on each of the prizes at Cookistry.
Now how about that recipe for the easiest ever dinner rolls, which make a double amazing breakfast with a little warm honey!
- Nonstick Baking Spray
- 1 cup room temperature water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups (13 1/2 ounces0 bread flour, plus more as needed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons butter)
- ON PREP DAY
- Spray a 9 x 1-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine the water, sugar, yeast, flour and salt in a stand mixer and knead with the sought hook until smooth. Add the butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, letting each tablespoon incorporate into the dough before adding the next.
- Cover the bowl and set the dough aside to rise until it has doubled in size, about 1 hour .
- Flour your work surface and turn oth the dough. Divide it into 12 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
- Arrange the balls on the prepared baking pan and cover it with plastic wrap or place it in a large plastic bag and tie the open end closed. Refrigerate overnight or up to 24 hours.
- ON BAKING DAY
- Take the sought out of the refrigerator and heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remove the plastic and bake the buns until nicely browned and the internal temperature is 190 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer, about 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool
Donna’s Book, Make Ahead Bread, is available for sale on Amazon. If you’d like an autographed copy, you can order one from Barbed Wire Books. You can find Donna on her blog, Cookistry, or on Facebook and Twitter For the giveaway, we’d like to thank our sponsors who generously offered some fantastic prizes:
- Taunton Press, the publisher of Donna’s book, is supplying a total of 12 copies of Make Ahead Bread, one to each winner.
- Magimix is giving one winner a Magimix 3200XL 12-Cup Food Processor in Brushed Chrome.
- WÜSTHOF is giving one winner a CLASSIC 9-inch Double Serrated Bread Knife
- SilverStone is giving one winner a 5-piece set of bakeware (11×17 cookie pan, 10×15 cookie pan, 9×13 covered baking pan, 9×5 loaf pan and 9-inch cake pan) in the winner’s choice of red or blue.
- King Arthur Flour is giving one winner a rye bread baking kit.
- Duralex is giving one winner a 9-piece set of mixing bowls.
- Harold Import Company is giving three winners a made-in-the-USA hardwood baker’s rolling pin (It’s the baker’s pin, with no handles.)
- Microplane is giving each of the 12 winners an Elite Zester, Cube Grater, and Spiral Cutter.
- GIR is giving each of the 12 winners a silicone scraper.
- King Arthur Flour is giving each of the 12 winners a coupon for a bag of flour of your choice (good at your local supermarket) and a plastic bench scraper.
- And Walker’s Shortbread is supplying cookies to three winners.
In addition to supplying items for the giveaway, a special thanks to Taunton Press, SilverStone, Microplane and WÜSTHOF for supplying products for all the bloggers to work with.