Caramel Pear Pie with Crumb Topping a delicious dessert with fall pears, caramel, and a crunchy crumb topping. A delicious dessert for your holiday meals and special occasions.
Our new place has pear trees and I found myself with an abundance of fabulous pears. I was quite happy to put together a pie using fruit from our tree. I added a crunchy topping made from oats and corn flakes and then a drizzle of caramel seemed to be the right way to finish it off. Of course a dab of whipped cream would also be wonderful.
We always have the traditional pumpkin pie with Thanksgiving dinner and I always have to have one or two other pies for variety. My boys love pie and one pie just won’t do.
I am not usually a big fan of pears but I was completely enthralled with this Caramel Pear Pie. The crunchy topping and drizzle of caramel just made it irresistible. Although our pears weren’t shiny and perfect like you would get from a fancy orchard, they were the delicious.
Since this week is Thanksgiving, I want to take a moment and tell you what I’m thankful for. I’m thankful that my family is healthy and happy; that at 40 I have my dream job; the best and most supportive husband in the world; that my oldest son is in college and succeeding greatly; my other two boys are adjusting to their new school and loving our new place; living closer to my family, and life is good. I really appreciate each and everyone of you that come by to visit my little spot on the internet. Thank you.
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family and friends! Now let’s have some pie!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 6 cups of sliced pears
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup corn flakes cereal
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup dulce de leche caramel
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons softened butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place pie crust into a pie plate.
- Add sliced pears to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and salt, stir to combine. Pour over pears and toss to coat.
- Pour into pie crust and sprinkle pecans over pear mixture.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, corn flakes, brown sugar and cinnamon. Add softened butter and mix butter into oat mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle over pears.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes.
- Serve with a drizzle of caramel.
More Thanksgiving Dessert Inspiration:
Pecan Pumpkin Roll Cake from Roxana’s Home Baking
Mini Crescent Pumpkin Pies from Taste and Tell