Casa Noble Strawberry Paloma Cocktail for Día de los Muertos.
A while back I came across a gorgeous drink called the Paloma cocktail, it drew my attention because it was made with tequila. Come to find out it is the most popular drink in Mexico. I had to give it a try, of course I had to put my own spin on it by tossing in a few strawberries. It made for a beautiful cocktail that I can now call my new favorite.
The key to a great cocktail is quality ingredients. I was lucky enough to be on the receiving end of a bottle of Casa Noble Tequila and some of Hepp’s Black Lava Salt ,to make a cocktail in honor of Día de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, a toast in honor of those who have passed away.
I think we could all raise a toast to loved ones that we miss everyday. My favorite way to raise a toast is with tequila and I think you will find this cocktail to be refreshing and not overly sweet.
The Casa Noble Tequila is smooth and just perfect for mixing cocktails, and the Hepp’s Black Lava Salt added just the right touch for a Día de los Muertos concoction.
The strawberries seem to balance out the tartness of the grapefruit and of course the lime and tequila were already best friends. It’s just too gorgeous to resist! I know you are going to love it! Salud!
- 3 oz Casa Noble Tequila
- 2 oz fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 6 oz lemon-lime soda
- Hepp's Black Lava Salt
- Sliced limes, grapefruit and strawberries for garnish
- Add Casa Noble Tequila, grapefruit juice, lime juice and strawberries to a blender. Blend for about 30 seconds or until well blended. Add lemon-lime soda and pulse once or twice.
- Sprinkle a small amount of Hepp's Black Lava Salt on a small plate. Rub the rims of 2 double old-fashioned glasses with a lime slice. Dip into salt, coating the rim.
- Fill glasses with ice and fill with Strawberry Paloma.
- Garnish with limes, grapefruit and strawberries if desired.
Disclosure: I received the Casa Noble Tequila and Hepp’s Black Lava Salt for recipe development purposes. I was not compensated for this posts. All opinions are my own.