Cinnamon Rolls are a favorite for those chilly fall weekends and today I’m sharing Cinnamon Swirl Scones from the Tate’s Bake Shop, Baking for Friends cookbook. These are just as tasty as cinnamon rolls but a little quicker and a little easier than your typical sweet roll.
Tate’s Bake Shop is the premier gourmet bakery in the Hampton’s and now the proprietor, Kathleen King has put together her best loved recipes to share with family and friends. Over 120 recipes and I tell you, I would gladly eat every one!
Usually I will thumb through a new cookbook and find one or two things I really want to try. I kept putting off trying any of the recipes because I couldn’t decide what I wanted to bake first! However, I finally decided on Milk Chocolate Brownies and I would’ve shared those but they were devoured in a matter of moments! Rich and fudge-y and GONE!
So, early Sunday morning while the crew was still sleeping, I snuck in the kitchen with my big mug of coffee. The Baking for Friends cookbook was still lying on the cabinet from the brownies I made the night before. I flipped through and found the Cinnamon Swirl Scones. You know how I love scones, I will eat them morning, noon and night! The dough is rolled out and filled just like a sweet roll and equally delicious!
My little guy went back for seconds and I asked him if he liked them and he said, “Yeah, that’s why I ate two, Mom!”. I don’t really want to talk about how many I ate, let’s just say I really liked them too.
Now I know you are wanting your own copy of this fabulous cookbook, just in time for your holiday baking! Well it just so happens that I have a signed copy for one of you! But that’s not all- I’m starting to sound like a commercial. There’s also a Cookies & Bars Tower from Tate’s Bake Shop to be included with the cookbook!
I gotta say, I am a little jealous! These are some amazing treats!
Tate’s Bake Shop is offering a special rate on the cookbook if you order through their site and use the promo code: BAKEOFF.
One more thing there is a Facebook recipe contest with a $1,000 cash prize for first place!
WE HAVE A WINNER: CONGRATULATIONS TO STACY! THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED!!
Enter to Win a Cookie and Bar Tower from Tate’s Bake Shop, as well as a signed copy of Baking for Friends by Kathleen King!
Giveaway includes: the boxes are assorted but typically include: three 7-oz boxes of cookies, one each of chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and white chocolate chip macadamia nut. Two rich, buttery raspberry bars, two chocolate chip and walnut loaded blondies, and two rich, dense and fudgy plain brownies round out this crowd pleaser. Each 7-oz box contains approximately 12 cookies, and bars measure 4″ x 2.75″.
- Leave a comment telling me who you would give the Cookie & Bar Tower to as a gift or would you keep it for yourself?
- Subscribe to Miss in the Kitchen by RSS or Email.
- Follow Tate’s Bake Shop and Miss in the Kitchen on Twitter and tweet the following: “Enter to win a Cookie & Bar Tower + cookbook from @TatesBakeShop via @missnthekitchen #virtualpotluck http://bit.ly/TOJ0Gh ”
- Follow Tate’s Bake Shop and Miss in the Kitchen on Facebook.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen on Pinterest and Pin this post.
Cinnamon Swirl Scones
- 8 tablespoons salted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold salted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup dark raisins (I left the raisins out but add them if you like)
- 1 3/4 cups half and half
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon water
Disclaimer: I was provided a cookbook for review and Tate’s Bake Shop is providing the giveaway, all opinions are my own.