As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pistachio Shortbread with Chocolate Drizzle a buttery, crunchy cookies that are the perfect Christmas treat. Y’all I still haven’t done my Christmas shopping! It may be the day before this year. Surely not, right? I’m starting to worry, but just a little.
Over the weekend was Emmet’s birthday, it was also the same day as our town’s Christmas parade. Our town is home to a big circus and so Santa showed up riding an elephant. Emmet loved it. We always try to see the elephants when we drive by on our way into town. Pretty cool.
We had lots of fun over the weekend and we got our Christmas tree up and decorated. Maybe I will get some shopping done so we will have presents under the tree!
For now I have some of the best cookies to share with you. I am crazy about shortbread, it is just so full of buttery goodness and I can’t resist it. Actually no one could resist these, they were gone in no time.
When making shortbread, it just takes a few ingredients and if you bake with quality ingredients, it makes a big difference.
I was lucky to have some of my favorite Kerrygold Butter in the fridge and I knew shortbread was happening a.s.a.p. or A.S.A.Please for all of you Duck Dynasty fans.
Now I’ve got to get to shopping! Christmas in only 8 days away! Hop down below the recipe for some great last minute shopping ideas and exclusive savings from our Red River Iron Etsy Store. (tooting my own here just a bit)
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 cup Kerrygold Unsalted Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate or semi-sweet)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a mixer bowl, add softened Kerrygold Butter and beat until creamy.
- Add brown sugar and beat until combined.
- Add flour, salt and pistachios, mixing until the dough forms a ball.
- Spread into an even layer into a 1/2 sheet pan (rimmed cookie sheet).
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate chips and milk. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between until smooth. About 1 minute.
- Drizzle over shortbread and cool completely.
Cut cooled shortbread into triangles to serve.
- Store in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 76mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 5g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.
Disclosure: I was provided with the Kerrygold Butter for recipe development purposes and a contest for bloggers. If chosen, I could win a year supply of butter. Of course all opinions are my own.