As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Orange Scented Palmiers are an extra special treat to bake and share for the holidays or any special occasion. I’m sharing this fabulous recipe from the new Effortless Entertaining Cookbook by Meredith Steele.
Orange Scented Palmiers
I have had palmiers on my baking list for years. Literally years. I don’t know what has taken me so long to try them but I’m totally smitten.
Effortless Entertaining from Meredith Steel of Steele House Kitchen is your next, must- have cookbook! Meredith makes the most incredible dishes and you will love how she simplifies entertaining for just about any occasion.
It is laid out by season and then by occasion. So for Spring you’ll find a fabulous brunch plus Easter lunch. In Summer a fun backyard seafood boil and fiesta taco bar.
For Fall you will enjoy the Autumn Beer Dinner and of course the most amazing Thanksgiving dinner. For winter there’s a winter harvest dinner and then the book ends appropriately with a fun cocktail party. Plus many more entertaining occasions in between.
Meredith offers beer and wine pairings to go with each of the menus and the photos are stunning just like you see on Steele House Kitchen.
Cookbooks make the perfect gift for the holidays and this is great for anyone who likes to entertain or even the person who is a little intimidated by the thought of hosting a dinner party. Meredith lays it all out so it’s not so stressful with tips and steps that can be made ahead of the party.
I intended to share this cookbook with you before Thanksgiving and then life happened and I’m just now getting back to it. I had a really hard time deciding which recipe to share.
I really, really can’t wait to try the Beer- Braised Carnitas and the Smoked Sea Salt Mescal Margaritas from the Fiesta Taco Bar. I will be trying them soon!
Since my life-list has been a little larger than I have been able to accomplish, I made these simple Orange Scented Palmiers. They are just right for the holiday season and my husband declared them the best cookies ever.
I knew he would love how crunchy they are. We have many debates about rather cookies should be chewy or crunchy.
I love the burst of orange flavor and I think I would love them with lemon zest as well. There’s only 4 ingredients and I was so surprised at how easy this recipe is. I will be baking these for our holiday get togethers!
The dough is simply frozen puff pastry and it’s rolled out with the orange zest and sugar. It’s folded up from both sides and then sliced and baked.
I’m the worst at getting things the same size and shape but this was totally easy and if I can do it, you can do it.
They bake up in just 20 minutes and are quite the treat with a cup of Rich and Creamy Hot Chocolate or steaming hot coffee. These Orange Scented Palmiers will definitely be waiting for Santa at our house!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 sheet quality puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine sugar, zest and salt. Sprinkle half of the sugar mixture on a clean work surface and place puff pastry on top. Evenly sprinkle the remaining sugar on top of the pastry. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until it is it is a 13- inch share and the sugar is pressed into the pastry.
- Fold the top side of the pastry so it meets halfway to the middle (basically a quarter fold) then fold again to reach the middle of the pastry. Repeat with the bottom half. Then fold one half on to the other half as if closing a book. Slice the pastry into 1/4 inch slices and lay flat, cut side up, onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden, flipping halfway through. Cool completely before serving. Can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 day.
PIN IT TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Disclosure: I was provided with the cookbook for review, all thoughts and opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a small amount at no extra cost to you.