Lemon Pistachio Biscotti is the perfect crunchy treat to enjoy with your morning coffee. My favorite cookies to bake and share!
Biscotti has become the favorite cookie at our house and I’m loving every new version I bake! Really the possibilities are endless!
We have a great debate over chewy versus crunchy cookies at our house but crunchy biscotti is one we can all agree on. Biscotti is my favorite anytime snack and I love to grab a couple to go with my morning coffee.
Biscotti is super crunchy because you bake it twice. It’s an extra step beyond your regular cookie baking but totally worth it! I think just one bite of these Lemon Pistachio Biscotti and you will agree!
First you divide the dough into 2 loaves and bake for about 25 minutes.
Next, let it cool and slice it up.
Bake it for 15 minutes, flip it and bake for another 15 minutes. Lots of baking, but that’s how they get so crunchy and delicious.
Biscotti is one of my favorites to bake and share for the holidays and they are a sturdy cookie that is easy to ship to friends and family!
The lemon and pistachio combination was pretty fantastic. I think pistachio and dark chocolate would also be fabulous, maybe I will try those next. If you need a chocolate fix, my Chocolate Chip Biscotti is phenomenal!
WATCH MY VIDEO ON HOW I MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI:
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup chopped roasted pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter and sugar to a mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed 1 minute. Add eggs and lemon extract, mixing until combined, about 1 minute. Add flour and baking powder, mix until well combined. Fold in pistachios.
- Shape into 2 10" x 2" logs and place on a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Slice logs into about ½ inch slices and place on cookie sheet. Each log will make about 18-20 slices. Bake 15 minutes. Flip slices over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.