Chicken and Mushroom Skillet with Egg Noodles is a simple, delicious and nutritious family meal. Developed for Circulon Gourmet Cookware.
Simple meals are a huge bonus on busy school nights. I am not the best at planning ahead, so I depend on quick meals that can be made with what I have on hand. I try to keep a variety of pastas, stocks and plenty of chicken breasts and veggies in the fridge.
The weather has just been all the way nasty in every part of the country and I don’t know about you, but I want something warm and comforting for dinner. Since my pantry is stocked, I don’t have to run to the store everyday and I can have a comforting, delicious and nutritious dinner on the table in about 40 minutes.
The kids were a little skeptical about my Chicken and Mushroom Skillet because of the mushrooms. I assured them they would like it and guess what? Mom was right. The whole family loved this and it was just so simple to prepare. It was creamy and flavorful. The creaminess comes from my new favorite/secret ingredient….Greek yogurt.
With Greek yogurt, you get all of the creaminess of sour cream without any of the fat. Win, win I say. Speaking of winning, the nice folks at Circulon is offering a Circulon Genesis Hard-Anodized 12-inch Deep Covered Skillet for one lucky reader.
The Circulon Genesis Hard-Anodized Nonstick 12-Inch Covered Deep Skillet is the go-to skillet in the home chef’s kitchen. Crafted with heavy-duty hard-anodized aluminum construction that provides fast, even heating and outstanding performance day after day, this skillet is the ideal size for preparing nutritious side dishes, or for searing halibut or tuna steaks. Long-lasting nonstick cooking surface not only resists scratching, staining and chipping, but also delivers extraordinary food release for easy cleanup and dependable cooking results without added fats and oils, so fresh summer vegetables stay low in calories even with sautéing.
Make your dinner in a snap with this gourmet Circulon skillet! I know you are going to love it! Just enter on the widget below and give it a minute to load.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided use
- 8 oz white mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 12 oz No Yolks Egg Noodles, cooked and drained
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add chicken and season with ½ teaspoon salt. Cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add minced garlic and continue to cook until chicken starts to brown about 4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook, stirring occasionally until chicken is lightly browned and mushrooms become soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and Greek yogurt and lower to simmer.
- Mix milk and cornstarch together and add to chicken mixture. Add Worcestershire, Dijon mustard and fresh thyme. Cook for 20 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve over egg noodles.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Circulon Gourmet Cookware and they are sponsoring the giveaway. All opinions are my own.