Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Bars from Dessert Mash-Ups by Dorothy Kern are rich and delicious. Ideal for baking for parties and family gatherings.
Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Bars
Today I'm sharing these fantastic Cheesecake Swirl Brownie Bars from Dessert Mash-Ups. If you love desserts, you need this cookbook on your shelf! It is written by the fabulous Dorothy Kern from Crazy for Crust and you will love the unique and creative dessert combinations!
I had planned to make the Peanut Butter Brookies (Peanut Butter Cookies and Brownies) and then I saw the recipe for the Cheesecake Swirl Brownies. I have made so many cheesecake brownie recipes that didn't turn out well, so I was excited for a tried a true recipe and this one is spot on.
Emmet asked if he could help bake the brownie bars so I put him to work. It was fun to bake these bars together and we actually did it without making a big mess!
There is a crunchy graham cracker crust, fudge brownie layer, topped with a cheesecake swirled into the brownies, this dessert bar is super rich.
I packed up a few and shared them with Emmet's teachers and they loved them as much as I did. These bars make an 9 x 13 pan full and are great to bake and share.
I have 2 copies of Dessert Mash-Ups by Dorothy Kern to give away! There are breakfast recipes, candy, cookies, bars, brownies plus pies, cakes, dips and a holiday section. Every single recipe is on my list to try!
Just enter on the widget below and be patient for it to load. Then scroll on down for this delicious recipe! You are going to love it! (UPDATE: THE GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED)
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs (about 8 whole graham crackers)
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sour cream, room temperature
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix the cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Mix in sour cream. Beat in egg, sugar and vanilla. Place spoonfuls of the cheesecake mixture on top of the brownies, then swirl with the back of a wooden spoon.
- Bake for 28 to 35 minutes, or until the top is no longer glossy and a toothpick inserted 2 inches from the eye of the pan comes out with just a race of chocolate. Cool completely to room temperature, then refrigerate for at leas 2 hours before cutting into bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- *You can also try these with a chocolate cookie crust!