As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Berry Cheesecake Bars are an easy dessert perfect for summer entertaining or as an every day treat.
Berry Cheesecake Bars
I am cheesecake obsessed but I don’t make it as often as I want it because that would be every day.
I found myself with a major cheesecake craving and only had one package of cream cheese to my name. So I decided these easy cheesecake bars would do the trick. No fancy cheesecake pan needed for these either.
They have a quick shortbread crust and a lemon cheesecake filling plus loads of fresh blackberries and blueberries that I coated in raspberry jam.
I don’t get too wound up about my cheesecakes cracking. I almost always top them with whipped cream or ganache. You know perfect isn’t my thing….
Patience isn’t really my thing either and I could’ve let these bars chill a little longer before I decided to have a piece. They were still dang good but even better the next day.
These Berry Cheesecake Bars are perfect for summer barbecues and potlucks. Fresh berries are my favorite and I really want to find a fresh berry patch this summer. We have tons of wild blackberries but I would love to pick fresh strawberries and blueberries to put in the freezer.
This week is the last week of school! Wahoo! I know it seems early but our school year usually starts around the second week of August. I am so ready for the summer break. Just four more days and then a break from the hectic school mornings.
We don’t have summer travel plans but I’m sure there will plenty of time at the lake.
I haven’t been posting much lately. I have been cooking up a storm, making videos and I’ve made a couple of trips to see my folks. I promise lots of new recipes to come!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
for the crust
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
for the cheesecake
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups berries (I used blueberries and blackberries)
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping and fresh berries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Add flour, sugar and butter to a mixing bowl and mix together with a fork or pastry blender until well combined.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 baking pan. Bake for 10- 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add cream cheese and sugar to a mixing bowl and beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time until incorporated. Add lemon juice and continue to beat 2 minutes. Add sour cream and beat until well combined.
- Pour into baked crust.
- Add berries and jam into a bowl and stir until berries are well coated. Spoon over cheesecake filling and swirl to spread evenly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until cheesecake is set in center.
- Cool one hour and place in refrigerator 4 hours or until well chilled.
- Serve with whipped cream and berries.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links, if you make a purchase through these links, I will earn a small amount at no cost to you.