Barbecue Beef and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are filling and so delicious! The perfect way to enjoy that leftover Sunday pot roast.
Grilled cheese sandwiches have always been on the short list of my favorite comfort foods. This Barbecue Beef and Bacon Grilled Cheese features my favorite Kerrygold Dubliner with Stout, Blarney Castle and the ever amazing Kerrygold Butter. I used whole grain bread, a bit of leftover pot roast tossed with barbecue sauce and a bit of crispy bacon. All of these things are great on their own and come together for an epic grilled cheese sandwich!
The last few weeks have been a little crazy. I did finally get my bookwork done and off to the accountant with like 3 days to spare. I say this every year, but I need to do it monthly, not wait until April 3rd to even start. I am so good to tell my college-age son that procrastination is not his friend. Well guess where he gets that wonderful habit? Yes from yours truly.
So I get my bookwork done and then I was 2 1/2 days without internet. Pure torture keeping up with my social media business with limited internet from my iPhone. That was fun. So then I was really behind. I have quite a backlog of recipes to share with you and although Sunday was National Grilled Cheese Day, I do believe that the wonderful grilled cheese sandwich is actually celebrated all month long. Yay!
I cook a pot roast at least once a week and make many, many barbecue sandwiches. The melty cheese takes the regular barbecue sandwich to the next level and a bit of bacon is always a good idea in my book.
So get to celebrating Grilled Cheese Month and make a Barbecue Beef and Bacon Grilled Cheese! I highly recommend doing it with some Kerrygold Cheese.
- 1 tablespoon Kerrygold Butter
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- ⅔ cup shredded Kerrygold Dubliner with Stout Cheese
- ⅔ cup shredded Kerrygold Blarney Castle Cheese
- ½ cup chopped or shredded roast beef
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat a griddle or cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place 2 slices on griddle, butter side down.
- Add ½ of Dubliner with Stout to each piece of bread. Quickly toss roast and barbecue sauce together and spoon over cheese. Top each with half of bacon. Top each with half of Blarney Castle. Top with remaining bread slices, butter side out. Turn sandwiches to toast on both sides.
- Remove from heat and serve with additional barbecue sauce.
Disclosure: I am a member of the Kerrygold Blogger Network. I received product for recipe development but I was not compensated for this post. My family has been enjoying the Kerrygold brand for many, many years. All thoughts and opinions are my own.