Almond Streusel Coffee Cake is a delightful addition to a weekend brunch or to serve with your morning coffee. It's a yeasted coffee cake with a simple brown sugar and cinnamon topping that is sure to become a family favorite.
Have you ever made a yeasted coffee cake? It is surprisingly simple and so delicious. Perfect for when you have overnight guests since you can make it ahead of time to serve with your morning coffee.
This is a sponsored post in partnership with Red Star Yeast, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Ingredients for Almond Streusel Coffee Cake:
- Bread Flour or All Purpose Flour
- Red Star Active Dry or Instant Yeast
- Almonds, slivered or sliced
How to Make Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake:
- In a mixer bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt and yeast and combine.
- Heat water, milk and butter to about 130° in a saucepan, butter doesn't have to melt. If it gets too hot, just let it cool down before adding it to the flour mixture.
- Combine flour, milk mixture and eggs on low until just combined.
- Raise to medium speed and mix for 3 minutes.
- Grease a 9 x 13 inch pan and spread batter evenly.
- Next, add flour, sugar, cinnamon and almonds to a bow.
- Mix with melted butter.
- Sprinkle over dough.
- Use the back of a spoon to make random indentations in dough.
- Cover and place in a warm place to rise.
- When dough has doubled in size, bake for 20 - 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve cake warm or at room temperature.
How to Store and Freeze:
Store coffee cake at room temperature, covered with plastic wrap or foil for up to 3 days or refrigerated up to 6 days.
To freeze, wrap cake in 2 layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Freeze up to 3 months, thaw at room temperature.
Coffee Cake is the perfect excuse to have cake for breakfast, is it not? This easy recipe is not overly sweet and the streusel adds the perfect amount of crunch to the light and fluffy cake. It's simple enough for any day of the week and delicious enough for any holiday or celebration. Add it to your weekend plans or next holiday brunch!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 3 Cups bread flour or all purpose
- 4 ½ teaspoons Active Dry Yeast
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup chopped almonds, slivered or sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- In large mixer bowl, combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt; mix well.
- In saucepan heat water, milk and butter to 120-130°F (butter does not need to melt); add to flour mixture.
- Add eggs. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed.
- Spread in a greased 13x9-inch pan.
- Prepare Topping by combining flour, almonds, sugar, cinnamon and butter in a bowl. Sprinkle over dough.
- With back of teaspoon, make random indentations in dough.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375°F for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
HOW TO STORE OR FREEZE:
Store coffee cake at room temperature covered with foil or plastic wrap for up to 3 days or refrigerated up to 6 days.
To freeze, wrap in 2 layers of plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Freeze up to 3 months. Thaw at room temperature.
Instant Yeast (fast-rising) can be substituted in place of active dry yeast. Dough will rise twice as fast, about 25- 30 minutes for this recipe.
For Bread Machine use ½ teaspoon of instant yeast or ¾ teaspoon active dry yeast per cup of flour
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 6g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.