Today I’m sharing a 5 Ingredient Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken recipe today that is perfect for busy weeknights. Serve it up in burritos or with quinoa in a burrito bowl. This post is in partnership with Musselman’s Apple Butter.
I have been putting my slow cooker to work at least two or three times a week. It makes meal time a snap and this 5 ingredient Mexican chicken is a new family favorite.
I found that the addition of the Musselman’s Apple Butter gave this dish a wonderful depth of flavor beyond the classic salsa and chicken combination.
Simple meals are the best for busy weeknights. Between work, school and building a new house, it has certainly been a little hectic around here. Hectic yes, but life is good y’all. I’m thrilled to have signed on to another term as a Musselman’s Apple Butter Blogger. It’s been a staple in my kitchen for years and I’m always finding new ways to put a new spin on my meals with apple butter.
In typical fashion of our crazy schedules everyone was ready for supper at a different time. The boys all wanted this delicious chicken combo burrito style.
The best part of making burritos is for everyone to have their favorite additions, just how they like it. No complaints, only clean plates!
I enjoyed mine served over a bit of quinoa that I had cooked up in the fridge. Burrito bowls are my FAVORITE. So this fabulous slow cooker meal can be served either way and everyone is happy.
Since moving to the new ranch this fall, I’m a little further from the grocery store and once again I am depending on pantry staples to get dinner on the table. This 5 ingredient slow cooker meal was easily put together with things that I had on hand. Often times, my most creative dishes evolve from what I can put together without heading to the store. I hope your family enjoys it as much as we did!
- 2 pounds chicken thighs cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 10 oz can tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 16 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- Place chicken in crock pot season with salt. Mix apple butter and cumin together and pour over chicken. Add tomatoes and pinto beans. Stir together and cook on high for 3- 4 hours or low for 6- 8 hours.
- Wrap in flour tortillas for burritos or serve over rice or quinoa for burrito bowls and add your favorite toppings.