I almost skipped The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap this year. I have so many things going but when I got the email for the last call for sign ups, I went ahead and signed up.
I just couldn’t resist this fun event that spreads holiday cheer and supports Cookies for Kids Cancer. It is a wonderful event put on by The Little Kitchen and Love and Olive Oil. It is always fun to bake up a batch of cookies and ship them off to fellow food bloggers and it’s also pretty fun to also get cookies in the mail!
The holidays are always busy for me but I do love to take time to make cookies for friends and neighbors and this biscotti recipe is always a favorite. It’s the perfect way to show a little kindness to those around you during the holidays.
I knew I wanted to make biscotti. Biscotti is a sturdy cookie that holds up to shipping and it will stay fresh tasting for a few weeks, making it perfect for the cookie swap.
Biscotti is baked twice and is a crunchy cookie for snacking or dunking in your morning coffee. It is really one of my favorite cookies, I’m not sure why I only bake them for Christmas!
We have great debates about chewy versus crunchy cookies at our house but I assure you we all agree that these Chocolate Chip Biscotti one of our favorites. I have added them to my holiday cookie baskets for quite a few years and they are always the first to disappear.
This year I packaged the biscotti in cellophane bags and placed them in cute polka dot tins that I found at the walmarts. I shipped them off to: Jessica is Baking, Susie Freaking Homemaker, and Julie’s Jazz.
It’s quite a thrill to get homemade goodies in the mail no matter what time of year! Wouldn’t you agree?
My cookies were the most amazing Nashville Cornmeal Poppy Seed Cookies from Cheater Chef, delicious Chocolate Chip Pretzel Toffee Cookies from Jamie’s Recipes and tasty Pecan Fudge Cups from The Tasty Truth.
Be sure to head on over to get their delicious recipes. You can also check out The Little Kitchen and Love and Olive Oil this week for a complete list of participating blogs for all the cookie inspiration a person could dream of!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE CHIP BISCOTTI VIDEO:
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2½ cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 oz mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter and brown sugar to a mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed 1 minute. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined, about 1 minute. Add flour, baking powder and salt, mix until well combined. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Shape into 2 10" x 2" logs and place on a lined or greased baking sheet.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Slice logs into about ½ inch slices and place on cookie sheet. Each log will make about 18-20 slices. Bake 15 minutes. Flip slices over and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
I would like to say a special thanks to the brands who sponsor and provide matching funds for this amazing event! I would love for you to visit their sites and show them how much their support means!
Merry Christmas Y’all! Bake some cookies and enjoy the holidays!