Chocolate Cheesecake with Caramel Ganache for the most decadent and delicious dessert recipe for the serious cheesecake lovers!
I have a definite cheesecake obsession and after a slice of this Chocolate Cheesecake with Caramel Ganache all of your dessert dreams will have come true.
I made this cheesecake for a guest post over at Doughmesstic. Susan has been such a great inspiration and a huge help to me in my blogging endeavors, so I feel quite honored to share a recipe with her readers. If you haven’t visited Doughmesstic before, take a look around, you will be amazed at Susan’s flavor combinations and her delicious recipes!
Turtles are one of my favorite candies and this cheesecake takes those classic flavors to an all new level in this rich and delicious dessert!
- 24 Double Stuff Oreo cookies
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup milk chocolate chips
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dulce de leche
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ cup toasted pecans, chopped plus 4 pecan halves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Crush Oreos or process into a fine crumb in a food processor.
- In a small bowl combine cookie crumbs and melted butter.
- Press into bottom of a 10 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Melt milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until chocolate is melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In a large mixer bowl add cream cheese and beat at medium to high speed until smooth. Beat in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined after each addition. Add chocolate and mix until all combined.
- Pour over crust and bake for 45 minutes or until center is set.
- Remove from oven and cool for about five minutes. Slide a knife around the edge and remove outer ring and cool for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile stir dulce de leche and heavy cream together and heat at 30 second intervals in the microwave, stirring in between until smooth and combined. Pour over cheesecake coating top and sides. Sprinkle pecans around the edge and sides. Place pecan halves in center.
- Refrigerate for 6-8 hours or overnight.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!