Strawberry, Mozzarella & Salami Skewers with Balsamic Glaze are a delicious appetizer for all of your summer get togethers! Plus an amazing John Boos & Co Cutting Board Giveaway!! I am so excited to tell you about this amazing John Boos Walnut Cutting Board. I have been dreaming of a John Boos cutting board for so many years. John Boos & Co. has been in business for over 125 years and their dedication to quality and craftsmanship in evident. Walnut is the most gorgeous wood and I’m so proud to have this cutting board in my kitchen. It is so beautiful that you can use it for prep work and for serving as you can see with these fabulous appetizers I have for you today! With a board this amazing, you must take special care of it. It is so simple to oil the cutting board with the special wood butter, ideally every three to four weeks. Watch just how easy it is on this video…. I made a simple appetizer of strawberries, fresh mozzarella, and some delicious Italian Salami. I drizzled it all with a balsamic glaze and it was out of this world! This was the first time I’ve ever made a balsamic glaze. It couldn’t have been more simple and really gave a great burst of flavor that really compliments the strawberries. I think you will love it. Food on a stick is always a hit and these Strawberry, Mozzarella, and Salami Skewers would be great for all of your summer parties. John Boos would like to send one lucky reader a gorgeous Walnut Cutting Board! This beautiful board features:
- Walnut Edge Grain Construction
- 24″ X 18″ x 1-1/2″ Thick – Reversible
- Hand Grips
Just enter on the widget below and this one is open to US and Canada! a Rafflecopter giveaway
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 oz strawberries, washed and tops removed (left whole)
- 2 oz fresh mini mozzarella
- 8 oz Italian Salami (any variety, Capocollo, Calabrese, Pepper Salami)
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme
- 6 skewer sticks
- Add balsamic vinegar and brown sugar to a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Stir until sugar dissolves when mixture begins to bubble cook an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until ready to serve.
- Thread skewer sticks alternating with strawberries, mozzarella, and salami. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Sprinkle fresh thyme the skewers. Serve immediately.
*Can be doubled as needed.
Disclosure: I was provided with a board from John Boos & Co. and they are sponsoring the giveaway. All opinions are my own.