Cheesy Chicken Tostadas with Cilantro Lime Couscous is a quick and delicious meal perfect for busy weeknights.
Cooking shows are a great source of entertainment and inspiration for recipe ideas. Do you watch Chopped on Food Network? Well Sargento is partnering with Food Network for a fun Chopped at Home contest. Today I'm sharing my recipe for Cheesy Chicken Tostadas with Cilantro Lime Couscous.
My Chopped basket included:
-Sargento Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican
-Boneless Chicken Tenders
I added in corn tortillas, onion, poblano pepper, cilantro, cumin and lime and came up with a quick and delicious meal that my family really loved.
I could literally eat Mexican food every day and tostadas are one of my favorites for a quick meal. I quickly sautéed the chicken tenders and sliced them up for the tostadas.
I prepared the couscous (which is ready in like 10 minutes) and tossed it with cilantro and lime. The couscous added in some great texture to the tostadas along with delicious flavor.
I quickly sautéed the onion and poblano pepper and stirred in the salsa to pour over the chicken. I topped it all off with the cheese and popped it under the broiler just long enough to melt the cheese.
It was super easy and all of these elements really worked well together. I think this recipe could be a contender to be the Chopped champ!
Cheesy Chicken Tostadas
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided use
- 8 chicken tenders
- 2 teaspoon salt, divided use
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 medium sized onion, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon lime juice, divided use
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup couscous, prepared according to package directions
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, divided use
- 8 oz Sargento Off the Block 4 Cheese Mexican
- sour cream for garnish
- Toast corn tortillas on a hot griddle on both sides, about 1-2 minutes each. Set aside.
- Season chicken tenders with 1 teaspoon salt and cumin.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Add chicken tenders and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until cooked through and browned. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to skillet, add onions, poblano pepper, and garlic to skillet. Season with 1 teaspoon salt. Cook, stirring often until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in salsa and 1 tablespoon of lime juice. Lower to simmer and cook about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Toss prepared couscous with 2 tablespoons of lime juice and 1 tablespoon cilantro.
- Spread couscous mixture over toasted corn tortillas and place on a baking sheet. Layer sliced chicken over couscous and top with salsa mixture. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Place under broiler for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
- Serve immediately.