Today I'm sharing some easy entertaining tips for last minute get togethers with Radish Sandwiches recipes. Let's face it life is crazy and we all need a few easy recipes to make life less stressful!
We are one week away from graduations! College and high school for our older sons. It seems like the last few weeks have just been a whirlwind. I seriously don't know if I'm coming or going.
I finally got around to taking Tucker's senior pictures and they turned out great. I was so happy with them but more importantly he was happy with them. I'm still scrambling around to have everything ready, including decent clothes for everyone to wear and making sure my social media work is scheduled out enough that I don't have to worry about it that day.
With a houseful of guys they expect sandwiches to be more along the lines of a hero or sub sandwich. Dainty tea sandwiches garner lots of eye rolls and mumbles of what in the world is Mom thinking?
I ignored the eye rolls and made these amazing little radish sandwiches. I intended to use the more traditional cucumbers but my cucumbers were no longer crisp and crunchy. I did have some radishes and they did just the trick. I love the color and they gave the sandwiches a crisp little bite.
So rather you are having a tea party, graduation party or any other special occasion, don't sweat the small stuff. Make a few easy appetizers and have plenty of ice on hand for cool drinks. Enjoy your company and have a good time! These recipes are perfect for last minute get togethers because they don't have to made ahead and no cooking! So easy and that's just what I need.
I like to have Dole Pineapple Juice on hand for punches like this Summer Berry Punch and for lots of savory dishes as well. I can always throw together a quick chips and dip snack, cheese and crackers or little bite-sized sandwiches for last minute get togethers.
FOR RADISH SANDWICHES
- 8 slices white bread, crust removed
- 4 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon granulated onion
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 large radishes, washed, dried and thinly sliced
- 16 cherry or grape tomatoes
- Stir together cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, fresh thyme, garlic, onion, salt and pepper. Spread on one side of each slice of bread. Top half of the slices with radish slices. Top with remaining bread slices. Cut into quarters, diagonally to form triangles. Place a tomato on a toothpick and skewer through each sandwich. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.