No need for marinating with this quick and easy recipe for Zesty Grilled Chicken Skewers.
So you were supposed to be getting this recipe last Wednesday. However, last Wednesday ended up being the first day of school. Whaaat? Yes the first day of school.
You see we were not even sure of which school our kids were getting into, until the day before. It took a bunch of phone calls, some kind words from the new neighbors, a good word from our previous school and three face-to-face meetings. I was kinda stressed you might say. But in the end it all worked out and I’m so relieved.
So let’s get back to this wonderful Grilled Chicken Skewers recipe. It is some kind of easy and so delicious! The sauce I used to baste the chicken is super simple and is flavorful enough that you can skip the marinade time. That kind of thing works really good for me, you know, since I’m always running behind! (PS. grilling photo taken by third grader pictured above, I liked it.)
I told y’all about the Firewire Grilling Skewers when I made the Grilled Fruit Salad. I really love these things and I have a set to giveaway. I am extending the giveaway through this Friday. Please enter through the widget (be patient it might take a few to load).
- 3½ lbs boneless chicken (thighs or breasts), cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons Star Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- ½ cup Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoons honey dijon mustard
- juice of half of a lime
- Preheat grill.
- Place chicken cubes in a dish and coat with olive oil, salt and granulated garlic. Push chicken onto skewers.
- Combine all marinade ingredients and set aside until chicken is almost cooked through.
- Place skewers onto a hot grill. Grill for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Brush marinade over both sides of chicken and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from grill and serve immediately.
I was not compensated for this post, all opinions are my own. Giveaway is sponsored by Firewire Grilling (Smith’s Edgeware).