I had these vanilla wafers, just a little almond bark, and some pistachios and look what happened. It’s about a five minute dessert and what’s better than that? I think they are kind of pretty too. I love pistachios, but I find their commercials annoying, I guess I remember them and that’s kind of the point. I have only used pistachios in my baking a couple of times. They make such a great snack. My six year old asked me to take one out of the shell for him and when I handed him the pistachio he said he wanted the shell instead. He just likes to suck the salt off of them, weird little bug. I think these would be great for holidays and special occasions without a lot of fuss. What’s your quickest dessert? I mean other than Nutella right out of the jar!
Recipe: White Chocolate Pistachio Vanilla Wafers
- 24 vanilla wafers
- 5 oz white chocolate candy coating or almond bark
- 1/4 cup dried salted pistachios, finely chopped
- In a small bowl, microwave candy coating in 30 second intervals, stirring in between until melted and smooth.
- Dip each vanilla wafer in melted candy coating and gently shake off excess (I used a large fork for this)
- Place on a sheet of wax paper or silpat.
- Immediately sprinkle with a few pistachios.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Allow to cool and set up for about 10 minutes or place in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
Microformatting by hRecipe.