As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Make Cake for Breakfast! These Sweet Potato Breakfast Tostadas are topped with an egg, chopped avocado, pomegranate and a Sriracha Honey Drizzle for a healthy, delicious and filling breakfast. This post in sponsored by Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods.
My favorite bag is the Kate Spade “Eat Cake for Breakfast”. It fits me perfectly. Dr. Praeger’s has a fresh new take on cake for breakfast with their wide selection of veggie cakes. These delicious veggie patties make it so easy to sneak veggies into breakfast.
It’s no secret that we are pretty much a meat and potatoes family and I have to tell you these Dr. Praeger’s vegetable pancakes actually make my family welcome vegetables to our meals!
If you are gearing up for some healthier meals in the new year, you are going to want to add this to the menu. I’m calling it a breakfast tostada but this would be great for lunch or dinner too. We have breakfast for dinner at least once a week. It is my go-to quick meal for busy weeknights.
I made these Sweet Potato Breakfast Tostadas on Sunday. They were so good, I thought about eating them all before the guys came in. They were a huge hit with the boys, they love sweet potatoes as much as I do and I will definitely be making these frequently.
I love that the Dr. Praeger’s vegetable pancakes are individually wrapped, making them so easy to just use the amount you need and keep the rest frozen until you are ready.
Dr. Praeger’s philosophy is that healthy food should actually taste good, especially if you don’t let artificial ingredients, colors and fillers get in the way. That’s why our products are made with ingredients you recognize, including flash-frozen vegetables.
We went to visit my folks on Friday and my Mom made the best Mexican feast ever. I’m serious, her enchiladas were the best I’ve ever ate. She made homemade corn tortillas that made it all incredibly delicious. I was lucky to snag a few tortillas to take home and I used them for these tostadas. I’m going to have to get lessons next time we visit!
- 4 Dr. Praeger's Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup pomegranate arils
- 2 green onions
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon orange juice
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Place sweet potato pancakes on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes. Flip over and add corn tortillas to oven rack or to a baking sheet. Continue to cook 4-6 minutes or until sweet potato pancakes are heated through and corn tortillas are crisp.
- Meanwhile, cook eggs to desired doneness.
- Mix honey, sriracha and orange juice together and set aside.
- Layer each tortilla with a sweet potato pancake, egg, chopped avocado, pomegranate and green onion. Drizzle with honey-sriracha mixture. Serve immediately.
Be sure to visit Dr. Praeger’s for more recipes. You can also follow on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest, for product updates and promotions.
Disclosure: I was provided with product and compensated for this recipe by Dr. Praeger’s Sensible Foods. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Miss in the Kitchen possible. This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase I will earn a few pennies without any additional cost to you.