Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry Bites are an incredible breakfast treat or a special dessert.
These Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry Bites are really simple to put together and they were a big hit with my family. I made them for the Kerrygold Spring Showers Bring May Flowers Challenge. (Yes I realize it’s now June and I am forever running behind!)
The challenge was to created a breakfast pastry using the fabulous Kerrygold Butter and fresh fruit. I had been thinking of this sweet and savory pastry filling with the Kerrygold Skellig (sweet cheddar cheese) so I went a little outside the box and the results were stellar.
I had a box of frozen puff pastry cups and they were the perfect vehicle for my sweet cheddar pastry filling. I layered in fresh strawberries, a drizzle of honey and sprinkled over a little fresh thyme. If you haven’t tried adding herbs to fresh fruit, you must try it. Thyme and basil are my favorites with strawberries.
These Strawberries and Cream Puff Pastry Bites would be great for a special brunch or even as a light dessert. You can bake the puff pastry and filling ahead of time and assemble these bite- sized pastries when you are ready to serve them.
- 24 puff pastry cups (baked according to package directions)
- 5 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons Kerrygold Butter, softened
- ⅓ cup finely shredded Skellig Sweet Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 12 whole strawberries sliced into rounds
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 teaspoon fresh thyme
- Mix cream cheese and Kerrygold Butter together with an electric mixer until well combined. Add in Skillig Sweet Cheddar and powdered sugar. Mix until well combined.
- Cut puff pastry cups in half. Spoon about ½ teaspoon onto each puff pastry bottom. Top each with a slice of strawberry. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with fresh thyme. Top with puff pastry tops.
- Drizzle with additional honey and fresh thyme if desired.
Disclosure: I am participating in a monthly challenge with Kerrygold products. I am provided with products for recipe development purposes but I was not compensated for this post. My family has enjoyed Kerrygold products for many, many years and I proud to share my thoughts and opinions with you.