A few months ago I did a cooking demonstration at The Merry Peddler in Casper. I used their cooking equipment and one of the skillets I used was the 11 3/4″ Le Creuset Cast Iron Skillet. Turns out, it is my dream skillet and I have been thinking about it since that day.
The day this gorgeous skillet arrived at my doorstep was a very good day. No other skillet can compare in searing a steak than cast iron and I cook a lot of steaks. So of course that is the first thing I cooked in my new skillet. I spiced up the steaks, seared them and made a wonderful, creamy pan sauce, added some fettuccine and with the sliced up steak it really hit the spot.
Father’s Day is this weekend and this is a meal any Dad would love! It’s also ready in about 30 minutes, how can you beat that? Another thing I love about this skillet is how easy it is to clean, I mean easy. After searing the steaks and cooking the cream sauce, clean up was a snap, I didn’t even need a scrub brush. EASY.
I am very, very excited to be able to host a giveaway for a piece of Le Creuset Cookware today. It is my absolute favorite cookware. I feel very fortunate to have the pieces that use daily in my kitchen. The quality and durability are beyond compare. I mean it lasts for years and years and has the potential to become an heirloom in your family. Not to mention it is beautiful enough to serve out of or leave on your stove top to make your kitchen look very stylish.
Cast iron skillets are treasured kitchen staples for stovetop frying and oven baking. The Signature skillet delivers reliable performance with an extra loop handle for easy lifting and transferring. With a durable satin black interior enamel and brilliant exterior enamel, the Signature skillet is protected inside and out from chipping, cracking and excessive wear. Over time, the skillet’s slightly abrasive interior develops a natural patina that is ideal for searing and frying.
- Spacious cooking surface for multiple servings and larger ingredients
- Le Creuset’s durable black enamel finish (no seasoning required)
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- A strong iron handle and extra loop handle provide a steady grip during use and transfer
WE HAVE A WINNER! GIN “I have been drooling over the 5 qt French oven in Cassis since they came out with that color!”
THE WINNER HAS 48 HOURS TO CONTACT ME WITH A NAME AND ADDRESS OR ANOTHER WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED AND A BIG THANK YOU TO Le Creuset!
- Head on over to Le Creuset and let me know which piece, besides this skillet, you would love to add to your collection. Be specific such as “11 3/4″ Signature Cast Iron Skillet in Marseille” just saying red dutch oven will not count.
For extra entries:
- Follow Le Creuset on facebook.
- Follow Le Creuset & Miss in the Kitchen on twitter and tweet the following:
“I want to win at @LeCreuset Signature Skillet in Marseille from @Missnthekitchen https://www.missinthekitchen.com/?p=7493 #giveaway?“
- Subscribe to Miss in the Kitchen by Email or RSS Feed.
Please leave a comment for each.
Open to US residents, 18 years or older. Entries received through Sunday June 17, 2012. Winner will be chosen at random.
Steak Fettuccine with Spicy Cream Sauce
- 8 oz fettuccine cooked according to package directions, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 oz steak, sirloin or strip steak
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 oz shitake mushrooms, diced
- 1/3 cup beer or wine
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Place cast iron skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil.
Season steaks with salt, pepper, smoked paprika and garlic and gently rub the seasonings into the steaks.
When oil just starts to smoke, add steaks and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, depending on desired doneness. Remove steaks from skillet to a plate and set aside.
Add onion to skillet and cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add mushrooms and cook 2 more minutes. Add beer and cook 3 minutes, stirring to loosen bits from the bottom of the pan. Lower heat to medium-low. Stir cornstarch into half and half and add to skillet. Add salt, smoked paprika and chipotle powder, stirring until combined.
Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until thick and bubbly but do not bring to boil.
Meanwhile slice steak into thin slices and reserve any juices.
Stir fettuccine and steak with juices into sauce, tossing to coat. Garnish with parsley.
Disclosure: I was provided with a skillet for review from Le Creuset and they are sponsoring the giveaway. All opinions are my own. I was not compensated for this post.