Spicy Sausage Pinwheels are a great snack or a tasty appetizer for holiday entertaining.
Summer Sausage is a must have for all of our holiday and family gatherings. We always have a big platter with meats and cheeses and usually a few veggies to go along side the meal. It is also a very popular gift item for the holidays. I mean what guy doesn’t love summer sausage?
Our family was more than a little excited to try the Mossy Oak (from Petit Jean Meats) Branded Summer Sausage and Jalapeño & Cheese Deer Summer Sausage plus Hickory Smoked Bacon and EZ Carve Sliced Hams. You know if it is from Petit Jean, it is top quality and the flavor is over the top fantastic.
I usually save the spicy stuff for the guys, but the Jalapeno & Cheese Deer Summer Sausage was right up my alley. I was so taken with it that I had to do some experimenting beyond the meat and cheese tray.
These Spicy Sausage Pinwheels would be such a great appetizer for holiday parties. They are so easy to put together, 3 ingredients and a little marinara and you are all set. Plus they bake in just fifteen minutes. EASY!
This is the kind of food all the guys will love. Speaking of guys, sometimes they can be so hard to shop for during the holidays. I have the simple solution for all the guys on your list. The Mossy Oak Variety Sampler from Petit Jean Meats. From the Duck Dynasty fan to the gourmet foodie this is the gift that will please them all.
This Mossy Oak branded variety sampler features a variety of some of the best from the Petit Jean smokehouse, perfect for the outdoors and beyond-EZ Carve Sliced Smoked Ham (16 oz.), Hickory Smoked Bacon (24 oz.), Jalapeno & Cheese Deer Summer Sausage (16 oz.) and Shelf Stable Summer Sausage (16 oz.)
Petit Jean is generously offering one of these fabulous Mossy Oak Gift Boxes to give away!
Congratulations to Shelly! Thanks to Petit Jean Meats and everyone who entered!
- Sign up for the Petit Jean Meats Email Newsletter. Please leave a comment letting me know you did. By signing up you are agreeing to accept occasional emails from Petit Jean Meats about products and specials. You may opt out at any time.
For Bonus Entries:
- Let me know if you are a facebook fan of Miss in the Kitchen and Petit Jean Meats.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen and Petit Jean Meats on twitter.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen and Petit Jean Meats on Pinterest.
- Sign up for Miss in the Kitchen emails or RSS.
Open to US residents 18 years and older. Entries will be received through December 4th, 2013.
- 8 oz refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 8 oz Moss Oak Jalapeno & Cheese Deer Summer Sausage
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Unroll crescent dough and place on a lightly floured surface. Press seams together to form a rectangle.
- Remove sausage casing and dice. Sprinkle cheese evenly over dough and top with diced sausage. Roll up from the long side, carefully pressing the seams back together if they start to come apart. Seal the edge.
- Using a bread knife cut into 12 equal slices. Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Heat marinara sauce in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Serve rolls with marinara sauce.
Disclosure: I received product for recipe development purposes but I was not compensated for this post. Petit Jean Meats is sponsoring the giveaway. I grew up with the Petit Jean brand and continue to love their products. All thoughts and opinions are my own.