As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Saucy Chicken Sandwiches are a super quick and easy weeknight meal that will knock your socks off!
You’re gonna have to trust me on this one. These are super-duper good all because of the sauce. I was down visiting with the folks at the Herbadashery and they told me someone was mixing barbecue and ranch and putting it on chicken. Sounded kind of weird, but I thought I’d give it a whirl. The results were superb! I toasted the buns and added a little mozzarella, ooh wee. I sautéed the chicken but grilled would be outstanding and if your pinched for time, the roasted chicken from the market would work just fine. You just have to try these!
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I used the Pine Ridge Jalapeno Barbecue)*
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing ( I used Hidden Valley Ranch)
- 6 sandwich rolls or buns
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through and starts to brown. While chicken cooks, stir barbecue sauce and ranch dressing together until well combined. When chicken is cooked through, stir in 3/4 cup of sauce and continue to cook over low heat for 3-4 minutes until sauce coats chicken really well.
Split Buns and spread one side of each bun with butter and on the other sprinkle with about 2 tablespoons of cheese. Place under broiler until buns are lightly toasted and cheese has melted. Top cheese side of bun with chicken and a little more sauce and top with buttered side of bun.
* Pine Ridge Jalapeno Barbecue Sauce is sweet and a little spicy and I think perfect for this recipe, the ranch dressing tones down the heat. If you don’t have access to the Pine Ridge Sauce, something like Sweet Baby Rays or Jack Daniels could be substituted with the addition of some finely diced jalapeno.