Peanut Butter, Chocolate & Bacon Stuffed Monkey Bread the ultimate breakfast treat perfect for Christmas morning! Plus a special Petit Jean Meats Giveaway.
Sometimes I get really hungry and I head into the kitchen and get these crazy ideas. Most of the time they turn into something pretty good. This time is was more than pretty good, it was amazing, best thing I ever ate, crazy good.
You see over the weekend we were iced in.
Hello, I moved to the south to escape crazy winter. I want my money back! Okay not really, but the ice damage is horrendous. We were out of power for a while but after about 24 hours we were back in business. I was feeling pretty pioneer-like when I made lunch on the wood stove.
When the power came back on I got in the kitchen and started to make some donuts out of canned biscuits. I didn’t really want to fry anything and there was this chocolate bar staring at me from the counter. I guess it inspired me to make Peanut Butter, Chocolate & Bacon Stuffed Monkey Bread. Best thing ever!
Monkey bread is so good and let me tell you when it is stuffed with Petit Jean Peppered Bacon a little chunk of chocolate and some peanut butter chips, it becomes something amazing.
A perfect treat for special occasions like Christmas morning. I always try to have something the kids can snack on before we have a big holiday dinner and this monkey bread is just the ticket. It is impossible to eat just one.
I’ve mentioned many times before I am a proud ambassador for Petit Jean Meats. Earlier this year I participated in their Random Acts of Kindness program. I was able to choose a family that could use a little something extra and Petit Jean Meats delivered a gift box of their fantastic products to this family. I was so thrilled to be part of something so kind and generous.
When I was offered a Petit Jean Breakfast Gift Box for a holiday giveaway, I decided to run this giveaway a little different. I want to give this to someone who really needs it this year. So I need your help. I will choose one entry and then that winner will choose who gets the Petit Jean Breakfast Gift Box. So this can be the Christmas gift you couldn’t afford to send or for that family that does so much to help others but could use a little something extra this year. It can be sent as a random act of kindness or sent with a gift message from you. You choose.
Box includes 1 Cinnamon Coffee Cake, EZ Carve Smoked Ham Slices (16 oz), Peppered Bacon (12 oz), Thick-Sliced Bacon (16 oz), and Fresh Sausage (16 oz).
To Enter: 2 Steps here please read the following carefully.
- Sign up for the Petit Jean Meats Email Newsletter. By signing up you are agreeing to accept occasional emails from Petit Jean Meats about products and specials. You may opt out at any time.
- Second: I would like you to leave a comment with two things: One that you signed up for the newsletter. Two: tell me if you win, would you send this as a random act of kindness or as a gift to your favorite in-laws, your baby sitter, your kid’s teacher….etc. PLEASE DO NOT USE ANYONE’S NAME ON THE COMMENT! I will contact the winner and at that time get the name and address privately for the gift box to be sent to.
Open to US residents 18 years and older. Entries will be received through December 14th, 2013.
If you have questions please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 can refrigerated biscuits (like Grands)
- 6 slices Petit Jean Peppered Bacon, cooked and drained on a paper towel
- ⅓ cup peanut butter chips
- 2 oz bitter sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped into small pieces
- ¼ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut biscuits into quarters.
- Slice bacon into 32 pieces
- Spray a cake pan or pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
- Flatten each biscuit quarter slightly. Add a piece of bacon, a chunk of chocolate and about 3 or 4 peanut butter chips to the center. Fold dough around bacon mixture and press the seams together. Roll into a ball and set aside. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together in a medium size bowl.
- Dip each dough ball into butter and roll in sugar and cinnamon mixture. Place in baking pan. Squeeze them together as necessary.
- Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of sugar and cinnamon evenly over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until monkey bread is golden brown.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Disclosure: I am a proud ambassador for Petit Jean Meats. I received a breakfast box for recipe development purposes just like the one I’m giving away. Petit Jean is sponsoring the giveaway. I was not compensated for this post. Petit Jean is a brand I grew up with and still love today. All opinions are my own.