As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Green beans are not my kids favorite vegetable by far, they would way rather eat broccoli or corn but these green beans are different. Yeah, they are fried but they are so fantastic that I look past it and my kids look past the fact that it’s a green bean inside the crispy coating. You could dip these in ranch dressing (or heaven forbid, ketchup) but really they are so full of flavor that they are great as they are. These green beans make a great side dish or can even be served as an appetizer. Normally I flavor green beans with garlic and butter or sesame oil on occasion, which just leads to a giant let down when my kids figure out it’s just green beans and not Sesame Chicken! I used Lemon Pepper Panko bread crumbs which gives them the wonderful lemon flavor and the amazing crunchy coating. I have also used the Lemon Pepper Panko for some awesome Chicken Cakes. If you can’t find the Lemon Pepper Panko, just add some lemon zest and lemon-pepper seasoning to your crumbs. I would love to hear your suggestions for green bean dishes that might make my kids change their mind on the subject!
Recipe: Lemon Pepper Fried Green Beans
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup Lemon Pepper Panko bread crumbs
- Vegetable Oil for Frying
- In a deep skillet add about 1 inch of vegetable oil and heat to about 350 degrees.
- Rinse green beans in hot water just until thawed. Dry with paper towels.
- Dredge each green bean in flour, dip in egg and roll in panko. Place on a plate or cookie sheet until oil is hot.
- Fry a few green beans at time, turning to brown on all sides.
- Remove to a paper lined plate to drain.