As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lemon Grilled Chicken with Farro and Wilted Greens is a delicious and super healthy meal that the whole family is going to love! This is a sponsored post in partnership with Cut ‘N Clean Greens.
May is Healthy Vision Month and I have partnered up with my Virtual Potluck bloggers to bring you some amazing healthy and delicious recipes that promote eye health!
Y’all know that healthy isn’t exactly my specialty but I do love greens and I mean all kinds. Collards are probably my favorite, but spinach, kale, mustard you name it, I love them and they are rich in the nutrients that will promote eye health. I’ve been on a farro kick but you could use barley if you can’t find farro in your local market.
For this healthy dinner, I marinated some chicken breasts with lemons, garlic and olive oil and grilled them up. I sautéed mushrooms and onions with garlic and added in cooked farro and then added in the Cut’N Clean Garden Greens and let them wilt. The flavors all came together for a fantastic meal.
The Cut ‘N Clean Greens are washed, cut and ready to use making it so simple to add them to your dinner plans.
Cut ‘N Clean Greens: Celebrating its 20th anniversary, this is a line of nutrient-dense specialty greens, both conventional and organic. Cut ‘N Clean Greens is considered the cornerstone product of the company and was the first washed, chopped, ready-to-use bagged greens on the market, starting in 1995.
For the Chicken
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 whole lemons
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
For the Farro and Greens
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz mushrooms, washed and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked farro or barley
- 8 oz Clean 'N Cut Organic Garden Greens
- fresh thyme for garnish - optional
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large skillet. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Cook over low heat. Season with salt and stir occasionally until vegetables are soft and start to brown. Add farro and stir to combine. Add Garden Greens and stir to combine. Cover and cook 5 - 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until greens are wilted.
- Serve farro and greens with sliced chicken. Garnish with fresh thyme and grilled lemons.
More about Healthy Vision Month
Healthy Vision Month is a project of the National Eye Institute (NEI) which is part of The National Institutes of Health (NIH).
During Healthy Vision Month, the National Eye Institute encourages Americans to make their eye health a priority and suggests these steps to maintain eye health:
- Get a dilated eye exam.
- Live a healthy lifestyle, including eating healthy foods, maintaining a healthy weight, managing chronic conditions, and not smoking.
- Know your family history.
- Use protective eye wear.
- Wear sunglasses.
Celebrate Healthy Vision Month by making an appointment with your eye doctor, and don’t forget to spread the word to your family, friends, and colleagues.
Y’all know how important it is to know where your food comes from and San Miguel Produce also has the following brands:
- Jade: authentic Asian greens line. The first washed, ready-to-use, fresh Asian greens on the market, starting in 2008.
- San Miguel Produce: conventional and organic bunch greens. Considered a premium brand nationally for quality and consistency year-round.
You can count on the freshness and quality from San Miguel Produce:
- Greens are grown close to our facility which helps reduce travel time from the field to our facility.
- Greens are HydoVac cooled, which cools the products to refrigerated temperatures in about 30 minutes. This results in superior quality and freshness.
- Since we have control of all growing, harvesting and processing of our products, we are able to provide the best quality, superior customer service and freshest product.
Be sure to follow on San Miguel Produce on social media:
Also be sure to check out these delicious recipes from my Virtual Potluck Partners:
Diabetic Foodie (and a big thanks to Shelby for hosting this event!) Salmon Tacos with Kale, Collards and Lemon- Tomato Vinaigrette
Cookistry: Spicy Lemony Sauteed Rainbow Kale
Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine: Kale, Carrot and Green Apple Slaw
Thyme in Our Kitchen:
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in collaboration with San Miguel Produce. All thoughts and opinions are my own. I appreciate your support of the brands that help make Miss in the Kitchen possible.