As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Virtual Potluck is participating in the Bob’s Red Mill and California Olive RanchHealthy New Year Challenge. We will be sharing healthy and delicious recipes using different whole grains and olive oils throughout the month of January. If you are trying to eat a little healthier this year, you will want to keep checking in. We will have 48 recipes including appetizers, sides, main dishes and even desserts. Plus, California culinary schools can help you find classes if you are just starting to learn the art of healthy cooking.
For the appetizer I used Bob’s Red Mill Hard White Whole Wheat Flour to make blinis topped with homemade ricotta, fresh rosemary, pine nuts and a good drizzle of California Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, it sounds fancy doesn’t it? Well it is super easy and will be the appetizer that is totally impressive to your guests!
My Mom has been telling me that I have to make homemade ricotta cheese. I have always wanted to make cheese and I’m telling you this could not be easier! I will never buy it again and I have so many ideas for it. My Mom stirs fresh rosemary and olive oil into hers and serves it on focaccia bread. Thanks for the inspiration Mom!
Lucky for you, I have a bottle of California Olive Ranch Abrequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a package of Bob’s Red Mill Hard White Whole Wheat Flour to give away! I’m telling you that you will love these products!
- Visit either Bob’s Red Mill or California Olive Ranch’s Facebook pages and retrieve this week’s Virtual Potluck code word. Then use that code word in a sentence for your comment here.
- For an extra entry: Follow Bob’s Red Mill, California Olive Ranch and VirtualPotluck’s on Twitter and tweet the following, “Win A Healthy New Year Prize Pack from @Missnthekitchen, @CA_EVOO & @Bobs_Red_Mill http://wp.me/p1Xrnn-1×9 #VirtualPotluck ” Leave a link back to your tweet here.
Open to US residents only.
Entries open through Sunday, January 8, 2012.
AND THE WINNER IS: Christine January 9, 2012 at 9:00 am “I just tweeted the giveaway!” THANKS FOR ENTERING AND CHECK BACK LATER THIS WEEK FOR MORE GIVEAWAYS FEATURING CALIFORNIA OLIVE RANCH & BOB’S RED MILL!
Be sure to visit Groov-y Foody for the roundup and links to all of the Healthy New Year posts
plus more chances to win!
Be sure to visit the California Olive Ranch online store and use the coupon code BLOGFRIENDS for a 10% discount!
Homemade Ricotta Blinis with Rosemary & Pine Nuts
- Homemade Ricotta (I used Jennie’s recipe from In Jennie’s Kitchen)
- 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, finely chopped, plus a few sprigs for garnish
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Hard White Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons California Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus more for frying
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup California Olive Ranch Arbequina Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
In a small bowl combine ricotta, salt, rosemary and olive oil. Set aside.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add egg, olive oil, and milk. Stir together just until all combined.
Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle and drizzle with olive oil. Drop batter by approximate tablespoonfuls, turning when bubbles appear and cook for about 1 minute longer or until lightly browned.
Remove to a paper lined plate to cool. Repeat with remaining batter.
Spoon about a teaspoon of ricotta over each blini, sprinkle with a few pine nuts and drizzle with a little olive oil. Garnish with rosemary sprigs if desired.
Disclosure: I was provided with the products for review and giveaway is sponsored by Bob’s Red Mill and California Olive Ranch, all opinions are my own.